Flexjet Falls Short

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not too bad

That "little" rasie amounts to a 20% increase for me. Given our circumstances I would say that this better than most had hoped. Not everyone at NJA is working the 7&7 (and that is based on seniority) and the "flex" schedule amounts to the standard 17 that we are doing (if you are senior enough you CAN hold the reduced lines). The problem is this will be limited to the upper half of the seniority list (like NJA). Another problem is that we are short staffed and trying to hire to bring our staffing levels up. Don't assume we "need" help. If you stuff a card in my face I'll deposit it in the round file.

Last edited:
Again....why deal in fact?

FraxJock,

90% of the pilots at NJA are on the "reduced" schedule. 10% are on the reserve. That is 18 days per month. For a whole lot more duckets.

The rest of us have the 7n7 (again 90%). No half BS. You just got handed a steaming pile of...........well you know.

Still not interested in a card?

And as far as our "help". Sorry we are just offering guidance. The work is up to your group.

One man's garbage is anothers treasure! I personally didn't think Bombardier would do as well as they did. Did they mess with the pension at all? Congrats to the Flexjet guys,

Stats?

Fozzy,

While I don't doubt your intentions, show me some proof of your 90%.

I guess Flexjet sucks
. I have sooo wrong all these years. All hail Netjets because we don't have the stellar contract. Please send me 2, no 3, no lets make it a dozens cards so that I may indoctirnate my fellow peons....resistance is futile...we aill be A$$imilated. All these revelations have made me dizzy...I need some of that union Koolaid.

Is that what you want to hear?Sorry to dissapaoint, but I am happy here and some aren't and that is just a fact of life. Why can't we all just get along?!

Last edited:
There was a meeting?

OK… Yes, I was at the meeting. Let’s just say the mood was somber on the pilots’ side. We had a couple of guys speak up, and try to get some straight answers. What do you think we got?
Did Management really expect us to be excited about this? They seemed shocked that we weren’t.
Yes, we got a $6 a day increase in per diem. Effective Feb 1…OK. That’s a $6 increase after 10 years at the same rate. That’s great (not)
:rolleyes:
Now the pay… Yes, dollar wise, there was an increase. But let’s look into the rhetoric.
New pay will start May 1st. …W.T.F….. Why not Feb 1st? Oh, we need 30+ more pilots to make it work they said…

O.K. So, May rolls around and the next thing we’ll hear is; “Sorry guys, with all of our attrition, we are only at a plus 10 for pilot….Don’t worry, we’ll try again in October” Do ya see a pattern here?
It’s called buyin’ time, and WE are payin’ for it.
;)
Don’t be fooled. They come up with this 214.5 average days worked in a year. 16.5 days in a 28day bid period. Where is this Number coming from? 221 day for me, and I try to bid down. Now, they say we will have a 202 day year. So, if all goes well we will work 16 days per 28 in a period unless we have VAC or training. That’s when you get the 15 day line. Maybe. There are many of us out here screaming for a 15 day line MAX. Unless we choose to work more.

Now we will have to work 16-17 days to get our $$$pay up to NJ or CS. That SUX!

I could work 18-19 days a month now if the issue was only PAY.

Wake up Office Pukes! That includes you FRAXJOCKITCH.:uzi:
I know there are guys out there with a love or leave it attitude. I do not agree. We have invested our time here and its time to make it better.

Look through the smoke and mirrors.

Put that cup of Company Kool-Aid down.

Send in your card, and let’s get some real QOL changes rollin’!

Last edited:
Like I said, some of us like it here and some don't. I don't drink Koolaid company or union. I have had experience at BOTH union and non-union shops and that is what I am basing my vote (or lack there of) on. I'll let my silence speak for itself.

Send me a card!

Necro,

Am I right in understanding that we can only bid DOWN to 202 days when this goes into effect??

Last edited:
tk855 said:
One man's garbage is anothers treasure! I personally didn't think Bombardier would do as well as they did. Did they mess with the pension at all? Congrats to the Flexjet guys,
Really.

Did someone say they got a 20% raise? Thats pretty good. IBT1108 got them a 20% raise and they are not even on the property yet!

Latest resources

Back