Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FraxJockey said:
Fozzy,

While I don't doubt your intentions, show me some proof of your 90%.
Want proof??? Here it is..... copied directly from the new CBA.

19.2(a) General Description
The Company shall offer to all pilots in each aircraft fleet a schedule that shall consist of
seven (7) consecutive workdays followed by seven (7) consecutive days off, except as
provided elsewhere in this Section. This schedule shall hereinafter be referred to as the
“7 & 7 Schedule” or the "Normal Schedule." Notwithstanding the general description of
the requirement to offer the 7 & 7 Schedule to all pilots in each fleet, a minimum number
of pilots are required to work the Reserve Schedule as set forth in Section 19.3.

19.3(g) Placement on and Departure from the Reserve Schedule
The Company shall make the Reserve Schedule available by bid to a maximum of 40%
of the pilots, by position (PIC/SIC), in each aircraft fleet in each bid period. In all bid
periods, the Company shall have the right to involuntarily assign a maximum of 10% of the pilots, by position (PIC/SIC), in each fleet to the Reserve Schedule.

BTW.... our schedules are based on 182 days worked. Frax, if you think that what you got is sufficient, I'm sure that you are in the minority.

ArtVandalay said:
Send me a card!

Necro,

Am I right in understanding that we can only bid DOWN to 202 days when this goes into effect??

The way I understand it is that 202 will be our new AVG. days worked a year...Good luck bidding less than that. Theoretically we should be able to bid 14 day lines now. Who's gettin that? Not Me!
:cool:

Math?

So 10% by position and in each fleet? 10% Capt and 10% F/O? Does that add up to 20% am I missing something here? That doesn't add up to 10% of your pilot group as previously stated. I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anyone about "fozzy" math. Thanks for trying to "elighten" me.

Last edited:
I thought they said that pay started on Feb. 1 and that by May 1 the new schedules would start and new pilots would be hired? Did I miss this?

Necromonger said:
New pay will start May 1st. …W.T.F….. Why not Feb 1st? Oh, we need 30+ more pilots to make it work they said…

Fozzy

Fozzy said:
FraxJock,

90% of the pilots at NJA are on the "reduced" schedule. 10% are on the reserve. That is 18 days per month. For a whole lot more duckets.

Still not interested in a card?

Thanks for clarifying that... but I get your point....and the answer is still no.

Last edited:
tk855 said:
One man's garbage is anothers treasure! I personally didn't think Bombardier would do as well as they did. Did they mess with the pension at all? Congrats to the Flexjet guys,

Congrats?

Yeah, Thanx....a $6 a day raise on Feb 1.
A "promise" for more pay in May with a reduced schedule. I'll believe it when I see it. Why wait till May? What are they waiting for?

Yeah, Flex comes through again.

I guess we'll just have to keep on waiting.

Wake me up at the outer marker.
:D

Latest resources

Back