FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oct 23 Class calls

Talked to my bud who interviewed on the 28th and he got the call yesterday. Class size to be about 24. Another bud just finished purple nugget training and his interview group (7/8 Mar) was called for this class as well. Based on the numbers, that should be the latest date for this class. Still a possibility to drain the pool or come very close before the end of the year. Depends on how many classes left in the year. I've cleaned up the list below.

March

1/2 – 9 (3) = 6 (jets96) [This was his first post ever. Way to help out when needed!!!]
7/8 - 10 (2) = 8 (Bullschwantz) THESE 2 dates filled the 23 Oct class

14/15 – 11? (2) = 9 (Phaedrus)
15/16 – 5 (1) = 4 plus 6 more unconfirmed (Don’tBHate’n)
19/20 - ? (1) = ? cjj
29-30 – 10 (1) = 9 (wmss)
Mar poolies - 22 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed and one missing group??

April

5/6 - 5 (1) = 4 (Gummo)
11/12 - 5 (1) = 4 (DiamondZ)
12/13 – 1 confirmed; possibly 4 more (FlyFedEx)
18/19 - 6 + up to 5 unconfirmed (SilentBob)
26/27 - 5 (0) = 5 (Balut)
Apr poolies - 16 confirmed, 9 unconfirmed

May

2/3 – 5 (0) = 5 (Hagar17)
16/17 - 5 (0) = 5 (geauxfly)
18/19 - 5 (0) = 4 (other one unknown -- missed the inputter)
24/25 - 4 (0) = 4 (airfish)
30/31 - 6 (0) = 3 and not sure of other 3 (wannabrich)
May poolies - approx 24

June

13/14 - 4 (0) = 4 (jdriver)
June poolies - 4

For all the poolies out there, here is the lastest info I have. The phone finally rang today. I got a call for the 23 Oct class. I interviewed on 1 &2 Mar. Kim said there should be 22-24 in this class with 9-10 FO slots and the rest SO. She also said there should only be about 20 left in the pool by the end of the year. (At least that is the plan for now.) I hope this helps and I look forward to see some of you in Memphis on the 23rd. For the rest left in the pool, hang in there. The phone call will come eventually.

Got the call yesterday too (26 Sep) from KD for a 23 Oct class. Interviewed 14/15 Mar also. As for drug test, got that call for 2nd time on Monday to update again, my last one was mid-June, so it looks like the 120 days is based on class date.

See ya soon Jets...

SMNWXC.....CONGRATS on the call. Do you know how many of the people in your 14/15 March group got called? That would be a HUGE piece of information to have. That's great news for the rest of us poolies as March was a big month and now we're up to the middle of the month!!!

Hand me a towel!

I'm climbing out of the pool! Just got the call this morning for the 23 Oct class. I was in the shower when the phone rang and I was literally "drying off" when I answered the phone and KD was on the line.

I interviewed 15-16 March. I have'nt heard yet of any others from my group getting a call. I had a mid June pee update and had to do another one today (got a call yesterday from LM).

:beer:
BH

I copied the below statement from another website. I hope it helps.

"
Got the call this morning for 23 Oct class date. I interviewed Mar 15/16. A guy I kept in touch with from my interview class also was called today for the same class date. The FedEx rep said there will be 9 727 FOs and 16 727 SOs in the class. Hope this helps all with the timeline. Good luck!
biggrin.gif

Coast"

Latest Update for the 23 Oct Class

Congrats BH, beers are on you next round.  Looks like things are moving fast and furious with this class. I didn't have the 28 Feb class on the updated list cause I figured we had moved past that and had reached the end of calling for the 23 Oct class with the poolie numbers of 10/6/8 (24 total) through the 7/8 Mar group. As they are now calling 15/16 Mar people (and they have been running down the list in FIFO), I changed the "purpled" portion of the poolies for the ones drying off. By my count, the 2 people called from 15/16 Mar (from the last 2 posts) combined with the 14/15 Mar group of 9 suggests that at least 35 people were called for the class size of 25. Talking to a reservist friend, I think I have the missing number for the 19/20 Mar group -- 5 into the pool. I know this is not an exact science but I think the info from everyone has helped clear up some of the picture. I've also tentatively added 12 potential poolies who interviewed in Sep, survived the sim and are waiting for swimming passes. Thanks to everyone for all the information shared!! The doctor says I should be able to kick the flightinfo habit with 1-2 years of "behavior modification."

February
28 Feb - 10 (from a reservist who got called)

March

1/2 – 9 (3) = 6 (jets96) [This was his first post ever. Way to help out when needed!!!]
7/8 - 10 (2) = 8 (Bullschwantz)
14/15 – 11? (2) = 9 (Phaedrus) Looks like all up to here called for 23 Oct

15/16 – 5 (1) = 4 plus 6 more unconfirmed (Don’tBHate’n)
At least 2 poolies from 15/16 Mar called(Don'tBHate'n and other forum)

19/20 - 5 (0) = 5 cjj
29-30 – 10 (1) = 9 (wmss)
Mar poolies remaining- 16 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed

April

5/6 - 5 (1) = 4 (Gummo)
11/12 - 5 (1) = 4 (DiamondZ)
12/13 – 1 confirmed; possibly 4 more (FlyFedEx)
18/19 - 6 + up to 5 unconfirmed (SilentBob)
26/27 - 5 (0) = 5 (Balut)
Apr poolies - 20 confirmed, 9 unconfirmed

May

2/3 – 5 (0) = 5 (Hagar17)
16/17 - 5 (0) = 5 (geauxfly)
18/19 - 5 (0) = 4 (other one unknown -- missed the inputter)
24/25 - 4 (0) = 4 (airfish)
30/31 - 6 (0) = 3 and not sure of other 3 (wannabrich)
May poolies - approx 24

June

13/14 - 4 (0) = 4 (jdriver)
June poolies - 4

September

5/6 - 6 (leadsolo)
11/12 - 6 (leadsolo)

Again,
I copied this from another message board.

I talked to one of our Flexes that works with the BI/New Hire program. He says the plan is to try to bring on 150 by the end of Dec, approx 50/month. For example, in Nov he said there are 30 727 FO and 20 727 SO slots.

www.airlinepilotforums.com

JDriver

More Poolies?

When KD called to offer an interview date, she had May 30/31 or June 6/7 as an option. I picked the earlier date (duh!) and haven't heard a word since about that June 6/7 group. I think there may be a possibility that there are some more hiding in the deep end that are, unbelievably, ignoring us cool guys on FI.

I think it's dang nifty that we have gotten so many from a relatively small group to keep up the intel on what is happening. I can't imagine sitting around wondering just what the hell is going on for 4-6 months without any clue as to when the class date may happen, as those that haven't availed themselves of this forum may be doing. Granted a lot of this is guessing and speculation but it is nonetheless appreciated as it is still SOMETHING.

Thanks all for the continued input!

WannaB

Just got off the phone with a buddy from the 19/20 Mar interview group. He said he remembers 10 getting the pool letter. He went MD-11 Nugget and doesn't know for sure if there were others from that group that have already been called. So 10 (1) = 9 possible for the 19/20 Mar group.

This FI crack sure is good!

P.S. - Thanks to geauxfly and JDriver for keeping the hits coming!

After looking at information from a couple different boards, I think october is full. Therefore, if anyone gets a call for a November class date, please ask how many folks would there be in the class.

If anyone that is presently in training would you also ask?

cjj - I am down to my last piece of crack for my pipe and searching for my next fix

Latest resources

Back