• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...Seems to me that they should be interviewing more than just a small trickle if they are going to add a Dec class. At this rate, the Sep interviewees might be in before the holidays if not right after. Everything sounds like good news to me....

SB

For what it's worth....JL, the FEDEX Systems Pilot, told us during Indoc in Aug that the pool swelled too big this past spring/summer and they know it was difficult for some folks to tread water for so long. He mentioned they probably won't run such a large pool again and it may revert back to the old way, where KD calls you with the good news that you passed the interview and then immediately offers you a class date within 4-6 weeks.

I think the future existence/size of the pool will also depend on the holes left after the next bid --- i.e. the "Purple Nuggets" handpicked out of the pool this summer went to fill unbid MD-11 FO slots in ANC. I think they liked the opportunity to handpick those guys vs going simple FIFO for the 727 slots.

No word on the next bid, but some rumors say it could be as early Spring 2007.

Aloha

More calls for 30 Oct class

Talked to another one of my reservist buds who interviewed on 19/20 Mar and he got the call this afternoon. If anyone else gets called, please ask how many are going to be in the class.....figuring 22-25 if other intel is correct.

CONGRATS BigLar22!!!! Do you know how many of the guys in your group got called for this class? I know some of them got called for the 23 Oct class. Thanks for the info.

Hey wait.....is this the shallow end?????? Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back