• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex plane runs off runway at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because the commanders that you are speaking of didn't have the fortitude to enforce UCMJ, that doesn't mean no commander should. Unfortunately, UCMJ is enforced by individuals who may or may not do what is right - and the entire system of regulations should not be discarded due to the inaction of some.

Hang with me milplt ... if I'm just one individual with knowledge of at least a dozen injustices involving men (vs women) just imagine if we extrapolated that out Air Force wide. Perhaps reality suggests this is a massive, systemic culture of "looking the other way" when it involves men vs women ... just one poor slob's opinion.

I have no reason to believe the rate of adultery is one iota less in the military than it is in society in general, the UCMJ and its supposed penalties against such behavior notwithstanding.

BBB

V70T5;1186098[B said:
]I
can tell you honestly that after leaving the Army in 1993 I had no sexual relations with anyone until meeting my wife in 1996 and while I'm tempted, I've never even flirted
[/B].

You're a liar. What about your right hand?

I can tell you honestly that after leaving the Army in 1993 I had no sexual relations with anyone until meeting my wife in 1996 and while I'm tempted, I've never even flirted.
Oh Caveman ... I think I've found your problem! That's a mighty long time not to fire the old cannon. One can only polish and admire one's armament so long. Such weapons must be exercised in battle frequently and fired often for optimal force projection. Sitting on the sidelines for several years observing other cannons firing mightily tends to warp the barrel and cloud the judgment of the artillery commander!

BBB :D

Ok guys, I can admit it.. I failed to remain faithful to myself a few times in those 3 years.. but to be truthful, with a full load at the U, full time pilot training, and a part time job fueling graveyard at Signature Flight Support, I didn't exactly have anytime for much else..

V70T5...

Lighten up Frances...get off your high horse and enjoy a lighthearted comment...from what I've heard there are no complaints about Mega's flying skills ...so I can dish out a compliment that in no way disparages her flying abilities and compliments her looks at the same time...would you prefer I say she is the ugliest woman I have ever seen with wings?(absolutely not the case, that honor belongs to one of my primary students who did get jets...)...some people can actually fly the airplane and not look half bad in the sort over a cup of coffee....

JMO

Aviator7576

I can lighten up with the best of them, don't worry about me, but when it comes to this particular situation with the aforementioned B-52 pilot and UPS new-hire, I get a bit miffed at all of the drooling and selective looking the other way at a significant shortcoming (the old DD214) that so many "professionals" here seem to want to provide her, that's all.

I ask again, if it were a black guy, or fat chick... would we be having this debate?

Jest on..

Why isn't UPS having these problems? And they even hire people with less than honorable discharges from the Airforce I'm finding out..

oops....

Last edited:
These accidents are mostly attributable to latent organizational pathogens and other cultural issues.

I haven't the foggiest what that means, but, man, sounds beautiful!

How do you know that she was hired becasue she was a "she"?

You make a good point. We have no idea if the decision to hire her was influenced by gender. We can look, circumstantially, at the evidence we do have that suggests she was treated differently than many of us would have been. Namely , we know she didn't have an Honorable Discharge from the military.

I think a lot of us would consider that a red flag in the process. What do you think?

And concerning the "moral fiber" that you speak of....so if you fly with a pilot that you know "fools around"....you gonna get off the trip?

Apples and bananas. Her obligation to good order and discipline was a 24/7 requirement in the military. Furthermore, she knew that when she raised her right hand and swore the oath.

We did not take an oath to be an airline pilot, nor do we have a 24/7 obligation to abide by the chain-of-command. When we are "off the job", we are off the job. The list of things we can't do during that time, and still function properly mostly relate to items we can't injest...

Being in the military is different than being an airline pilot. The rules are different even if the personalities and the mission are similar.

Again, people make mistakes, some make the effort to correct those mistakes, and I for one, am thrilled to see this woman flying where she is now...because it tells me that she did indeed correct her behavior.

I believe in redemption. I hope she has turned her life around and is making good choices. I also think her "I'm a victim!" bit was lame.

Latest resources

Back