• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex plane runs off runway at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you people are a disgrace to the profession defending her actions. How sad that charactor has no place in your view of what makes for a good pilot.

A know a few scum bag pilots with honorable discharges. What's the point again???

A know a few scum bag pilots with honorable discharges. What's the point again???

that there are 100 applicants for every job in our industry, and they hired her anyway since clearly she was a "she".

That, character plays a major part of what makes a good pilot since we can safely assume that most of the pilots we know can ACTUALLY FLY an airplane, and where there are that many applicants, some basic standards can be applied like a clean military service record. Remember, it was a woman Secretary of the Airforce that sent her packing, not the anti-woman right wing. In the end. she's a risk taker, and I don't want risk takers flying with me.

Someone who after attending 4 years of military academy should know better than:

a) screw a lower enlisted woman's husband
b) do it again after specifically being told to STOP.
c)MOST IMPORTANTLY - it was her commander who told her to stop, and she disobeyed an order from a superior officer. I, nor anyone I know in military service has done this and been rewarded with an airline job.

But maybe you dont' care if people have any moral fiber that you fly with, my fault.

Can I make it any more clear?

(please say nothing else)

Last edited:
that there are 100 applicants for every job in our industry, and they hired her anyway since clearly she was a "she".

That, character plays a major part of what makes a good pilot since we can safely assume that most of the pilots we know can ACTUALLY FLY an airplane, and where there are that many applicants, some basic standards can be applied like a clean military service record. Remember, it was a woman Secretary of the Airforce that sent her packing, not the anti-woman right wing. In the end. she's a risk taker, and I don't want risk takers flying with me.

Someone who after attending 4 years of military academy should know better than:

a) screw a lower enlisted woman's husband
b) do it again after specifically being told to STOP.
c)MOST IMPORTANTLY - it was her commander who told her to stop, and she disobeyed an order from a superior officer. I, nor anyone I know in military service has done this and been rewarded with an airline job.

But maybe you dont' care if people have any moral fiber that you fly with, my fault.

Can I make it any more clear?

(please say nothing else)

She was horny and coudn't help it. Not a big deal.

She was horny and coudn't help it. Not a big deal.

Well there you go, that makes my point! Instructordude has no problem with it, therefore it surely must be a problem! :D

Last edited:
Gee, with an attitude such as yours toward this woman, and no doubt toward women in general, is it any wonder how sexist attitudes are perpetuated?!

Perhaps you would do well to take a step back and analyze the reasons you didn't get hired and spend less time fretting over why she did.

Lufthansa's wife

Perhaps you would do well to take a step back and analyze the reasons you didn't get hired and spend less time fretting over why she did.

Lufthansa's wife

Who said I didn't get hired? I never even interviewed, and I've got no aspirations to fly cargo for Brown, but other qualified applicants surely do. I'm ok, don't worry about me. Don't assume anything more in what I'm saying.

now I really must go, this topic has run it's course...

btw.... since you're the wife, how would you feel if he's sleeping around on you? or is that not a character issue for you?

Last edited:
Gee, with an attitude such as yours toward this woman, and no doubt toward women in general, is it any wonder how sexist attitudes are perpetuated?!

Lufthansa's wife

Read his posts...the issue isn't her sex, it's her willfully and knowingly disobeying military regulations as well as a direct (and lawful) order. I think he'd feel the same way about a guy that did the same.

Is holding her to the same standards as men in some way "sexist?" Is it not "more sexist" to give her a pass due to her gender? Just shrug and say "well, she couldn't help it?"

It's actually YOUR comments that perpetuate sexist attitudes. If you want to be treated as equals, then condemn bad behavior when your gender exhibits it. Don't go to the mat for her because she's a woman. Hold her to the same standards you expect of your husband.

Latest resources

Back