• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex plane runs off runway at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
glad to see (gives me hope) that I am indeed not alone in my views..

Amazing to see how coarse our culture has gotten...

And they even hire people with less than honorable discharges from the Airforce I'm finding out..

OK...let's not make one or two people out to be an epidemic.

Folks do make mistakes in their youth. Sometimes as they mature, they can see how and why they made that mistake and they correct that behavior....and they take the time to discuss it in an interview and show how they learned from that mistake.

I know of people that have crashed an airplane that fly for major arilines today....they explained what happened...and that explaination was acccepted.

Have you never made a mistake in judgement?

Tejas

I had an honorable discharge, she didn't and clearly her gender play a big role in her getting this job more so than any AirForce background.

Anddddd.....she got hired and...you didn't? Look, if oyu weren't sitting in on that interview, or in the decision phase, then you really don't know how or why she was hired. Ever think it might have been because how she presented herself in the interview?

I guess in your world, every single woman and minority that interviews gets hired? Got new for you, sport....it doesn't happen.

Now I guess, you think that ALL the ones who get turned down file lawsuits.

Tejas

Sorry if I come off as a bit of a pre-madona on this, but I sadly suffer from something called "a set of absolutes" that I live by.

Geez...So I guess that forgiveness is not part of your "absolutes" that you live by. Seeing a person make positive changes in their lives is not something you ever want to see or would even tolerate...

OK....I'm getting the picture. WWJD?

Tejas

that there are 100 applicants for every job in our industry, and they hired her anyway since clearly she was a "she".

But maybe you dont' care if people have any moral fiber that you fly with, my fault.

How do you know that she was hired becasue she was a "she"? I ask again, were you part of the interview and /or decision process? If not, then you really don't know how/why she was hired.

And concerning the "moral fiber" that you speak of....so if you fly with a pilot that you know "fools around"....you gonna get off the trip?

Again, people make mistakes, some make the effort to correct those mistakes, and I for one, am thrilled to see this woman flying where she is now...because it tells me that she did indeed correct her behavior.

Tejas

Tejas

I can tell you honestly that after leaving the Army in 1993 I had no sexual relations with anyone .

Not even with yourself ??? ...And you're an Army guy??? You should've said that from the beginning.....now I'm starting to understand. Did you also wear one of those funny braided ropes on your khaki uniform?

How'd you like those MRE's? I heard that even the Kurds in 1991 couldn't stand eating the MRE's.

Army....I'm starting to get the picture now....

Tejas

I just don't see how it's anyone's business who someone sleeps with in the first place.

If you were to cheat on your spouse and I caught you, what do you think I could get you to do in order to keep that information quiet. If you were responsible for nuclear ordinance, national secrets, etc. can you see where the concern might exist?

If you promise before your spouse, family, and God to be faithful and you break that vow; should somebody not be concerned about your ability to keep other secrets or vows?

I have no opinion on whether the lady in question should have gotten a job or not. I do think there are good reasons behind the rules the military has in most cases, if you can't serve with honor and distinction; don't serve at all.

Your wife should consider herself lucky being with someone who doesn't cheat. I don't cheat either and unfortunately, I feel that you and I are in the minority. I agree with the rest of your post BTW. I don't agree with disobeying orders in the service but I still don't think it's anyone's business who one sleeps with.

BTW, thanks for sticking up for me (somewhat) on the SWA thread. :)

Capt,
In addition to the post about the UCMJ regulations from Falconjet (post #86), in the military it is very much the business of the chain of command who you are sleeping with. In the most basic example:

An Ops boss not letting a female pilot (who he is treating to a tube steak dinner every night) fly a specific mission because of the risks involved, but chooses some other pilot, thus ensuring his bishop gets polished for at least one more night.

That is why bosses are not allowed to sleep with subordinates in the military.

Now that we cleared that up... I didn't know you could say tits and titties on flightinfo.com... hehehe... titties... hehehehe

I enjoy a good "tar and feather" FI session as much as the next guy but years ago I was aware of literally a dozen similar situations in the USAF involving guys porking other dudes' wives (subordinates, superiors ... it ran the spectrum) and each one of these guys were eventually promoted and given desirable follow-on assignments (fighters ... what have you). So as much as I'd enjoy ganging on to this little pile of moral indignation I just can't in good conscience.

I say let's get our moral compasses realigned and talk about beer and hooters like civil airline pilots! :D Mega in stockings! (I heard she's smokin' AND smart!)

BBB

Latest resources

Back