• Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
boost said:
Alright, back to the Jack email and FedEx news. Frickin Foxhunter and him justifying his non member status is hijacking every Fedex thread.

The aircraft type for the Euro domicile will make an impact on my bidding preference for the next bid. I am coming from the narrow body so my decision for Bus or MD might be swayed if I knew what was going to be in Europe. Do they not know for sure or why the big secret? Overall good news though...can't wait to see how junior the 727 Captain bid goes.

boost

Ditto.

Rock said:
I'm trying to decipher Jack's letter. With regard to LAX, is he saying it is going to be all domestic flying out of LAX, or that the increase was going to be in domestic flying? Any ideas?

I understood it to mean that the additional flying will be domestic. There is no way it could be ALL domestic flying.

Everyone knows that the training department is cranked up full speed. We have lots of new bodies coming off IOE and they are cleaning up Open Time on their custom lines.

I think the 75 and 73 replacement issue is dead. It seems to me that we are replacing the lost Boeings with A310 anyway. Plus we'll keep the remaining 72's as long as the EPA will let us which looks to be about 2010-2012.

Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about the practice bid. It NEVER even come close to the final bid. The only reason we even have a practice bid is because it is required per the contract.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT PILOTSWAP.NET, check it out and make some constuctive contributions please.

ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY!

Last edited:
727 engine replacement is a viable option to keep the 200s around beyond 2012. All the 100s will be gone by october................unless something changes.

fr8doggie said:
Unclear. As of today his name is no longer on the non-member list. HOWEVER, it is on the "non-members on dues checkoff" list.

SO, it would appear that he did not pony up the full amount of back dues that he owed. Or maybe he just put himself on dues checkoff without paying any back dues.

This isn't the first time that he has quit ALPA if I recall the '95-96 time frame correctly. Also, wouldn't surprise me if he quit FPA when it finally started acting like a union.

doggie, Although Membership Services mentioned a repayment plan I paid in full, $4,798.36. It was never about money. Hope to contribute something toward a well deserved contract.

Laughing_Jakal said:
I will take FoxHunter at his word, whether he got it all in one shot or is working on it a little at a time, I don't care. It is probably quite a sum.

Let me be the first to say "Welcome Back!" and Thanks....we are glad to have you!

Glad to take off the "Black Hat". We have our difference of opinions on certain issues, but I don't think we disagree on the need to get a fair contract. I know I've probably taken too much delight in stirring the pot. In the future I'll try to be more constructive.:)

Welcome back. Stir the pot all you want to.

FoxHunter said:
Glad to take off the "Black Hat". We have our difference of opinions on certain issues, but I don't think we disagree on the need to get a fair contract. I know I've probably taken too much delight in stirring the pot. In the future I'll try to be more constructive.:)

I like you more already! I know people on this board have had you on their ignore list, but for everyone reading this that does, I believe Fox Hunter is paying his fair share again.

Goose17

FoxHunter said:
doggie, Although Membership Services mentioned a repayment plan I paid in full, $4,798.36. It was never about money. Hope to contribute something toward a well deserved contract.

Better get on Memb Servs A$$. They show you as a non-member on dues checkoff.

Different viewpoints are great. Taking your ball and leaving is not. Welcome back. Looking forward to spirited debate with you.

Regards,
FR8

Do you guys really believe this would be the only bid for a couple of years?

I am in the same boat as others trying to figure out what to bid. I was one of the last S/O's hired when the door shut a few years ago. I am well familiar with the reserve system and I am in no hurry to get back there. But I didn't plan on hanging out for two or three years with this next move. Do you think this is just a "Big Bid" with smaller ones over the next couple of years, or is this the only bid for a while?

I think they've got to have a clean-up bid unless something major happens. ie. world event, major economic change, age 60 change. etc.

i guess we'll see.

Latest resources

Back