• Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twiceskunkeddog said:
Dumb question I know, BUT... Does FedEx help it's employees move to ANC like it does to SFS? Not necessarily pay for the whole thing like Subic, but at least help somewhat through discount or other method. Just curious because moving all the way to ANC from the east coast would not be fun, especially on new hire pay.

Keeping fingers crossed for the panel in MEM,

TSD

I think Jack said in the last email that FDX would pay straight moving costs to go to ANC. There's also words about relocation packages in the CBA but I don't know what it says specifically.

I know it sounds strange, but I have three small kids and that plays into my mind more so than my career for now. When they are bigger, the story will be different. Plus $50/hr is $50/hr, might as well be as senior in the seat as possible. Of course, if the door slams shut, I could be the plug for a long time. Pass over pay would be nice....who knows!!

TSD

P.S. Thanks Deuce....

Last edited:
potentially no new hires to the 727 backseat for 3 to 4 months. came directly from head of training, but he said nothing is in stone.

Bidpack Study

The best advice anyone gave me was to study the bidpacks then you'll KNOW what you want to fly. For me, after I saw the variety of flying in the MD11 bidpack. I knew that's what I wanted to fly.

Albie,

I think it will help your business if you bid you up...you should do it...set an example. Your BFM isn't getting any better, old man.

Your BFM isn't getting any better, old man.

You gonna sit there and take that Albie?

"I ain't as good as I once was,
But I'm as good once,
As I ever was...." - TK

[ The last thing I want to do is 2 or 3 months in that sorry excuse of a training department. Not to mention the "nice pay raise" really isn't all that nice. Not enough incentive for me anyway. I'd be in the Boeing right seat for the last 20 years of my career if they kept the airplanes that long. If there's an easier way to make money I haven't found it. Believe me I've looked. Maybe the -10 right seat, but that's a training iteration.

Your mileage may vary. Enjoy the bid.[/quote]

Lets see if I got this right,afraid to upgrade and it's all the training departments fault.

Last edited:
That about sums it up.

That's the way I read it to RAC!

Also Deuce, I am sure the company loves to hear about guys who openly admit they have no idea what their contract says. You've got the time to read it. No excuses.

Laughing_Jakal said:
That's the way I read it to RAC!

Also Deuce, I am sure the company loves to hear about guys who openly admit they have no idea what their contract says. You've got the time to read it. No excuses.

LJ, LJ, LJ, who's got time to read that?? Besides, I don't speak lawyerese. Heck, at least I knew it was in there, that's better than some guys. Anyway, if I was the one moving I would've read it myself, but I was just trying to dispense advice on FI as fast as I could so I could move on to the next great Fedex thread. And I've always got you as my source (thanks for the vacation tutorial, by the way, it worked out great). You're in training right now - what's the rumors??? What's your take on the Euro domicile and the slaveship replacement?

Latest resources

Back