• Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seefive said:
potentially no new hires to the 727 backseat for 3 to 4 months. came directly from head of training, but he said nothing is in stone.

Sixteen newhires today.......I guess we will see.

Its bad enough to be stuck on the bottom of the FE list for nearly 2 years because they didn't hire anybody. I think it would REALLY suck to be stuck on the bottom of that list while new hires went on to the right seat of a widebody and you were in a two year seat lock.

It would be kind of crazy not to bid out of the back in this next bid unless you are real senior, independently wealthy, holding layovers in your home city or all three.

You'd build (seat) seniority quicker in a seat that the new hires are going into than you would in the back of the Boeing. That is just wrong.

FJ

FJ,

I'm starting to come around to your line of thought. Getting stuck would suck.

Why are we here? Because we're here....Roll the Bones,

TSD

Niner fan,

While my BFM ain't gettin' better, it ain't that much worse either. Just did a CT hop with an old Lt in my flight at Spang who is now an O-4 weapons officer. Geez--you get old fast! I was prepared to get skinned but did okay--for an old man....

You sound like someone who's trying to call me out so you can move up on the list--and a noble effort! However--I was able to drop most of my December line and spend some long overdue time with family, so I'll accept the scorn of my bros to get to have the ability to adjust my life to spend a bit more time with them. And while I have never had anything but positive experiences with our training department, even if you sail through the programs it still means 2-3 months away from home for a commuter like me. Unless I take the plunge on a family friendly crash pad purchase I think I'll plan on spending my extra time off with them instead.

For what its worth--I'd love to FLY the MD-11...I love the jet and it goes everywhere! I love the A300 bidpack--lots of day flying and SIBA is a nice change of pace. The bottom line, however, is I am happy where I am...and with a Bose headset in my bag I think me and the old 727 are getting along just fine...

FYI--did 2.5 years on the panel and bid everything (including ANC) except Subic at 100%. No matter how much you paid me, I would have chafed at being stuck there while other guys got to fly MD11s or sat in the right seat in front of me. Unless you really want passover pay and seniority, I'd bail...

Last edited:
Upgrade training only gets harder the longer you stay on the panel. Most of the people that don't make it through checkrides are 4+ year plumbers. (I said some, not all). Even though flying is kinda like riding a bike you don't want to be spectator for too long FWIW.

Last edited:
Check training letter under standing bids on VIPS...

16 out of 16 new 727 S/Os.

Nice Reposition

Albie,

Just seeing if you were on your toes....idle, stick in the lap, full inside rudder and you repositioned nicely. Just don't wreck your back.

Kill Migs!

Latest resources

Back