• Start date
  • Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Historically they have huge bids...but bottom line is BID WHAT YOU WANT TO FLY...if you live in MEM..bid a window seat if you want..if you are a commuter you might want to think twice ....but if it is a big bid you will be in your current seat for years ..especially if they hire directly into the right seat of widebodies..tough decision..but good one to have..good luck

fr8doggie said:
Better get on Memb Servs A$$. They show you as a non-member on dues checkoff.

Different viewpoints are great. Taking your ball and leaving is not. Welcome back. Looking forward to spirited debate with you.

Regards,
FR8

The process of regaining active status takes a bit of time.

PurpleTail said:
It seems to me that we are replacing the lost Boeings with A310 anyway.

I agree that the bus is going to be the replacement to the 72....but its not accurate to say 310s.

And its not a very important distiction really, but the 310 hasn't been produced in quite a while, and I think we have bought up what is still usable on the market. If you look at our fleet reliablity, the 300 is among the best and the 310 is among the worst...mostly because of age. The 300 is still being made, is newer, and about the only difference is that its longer. The 300 have bigger engines and better brakes (fans), and most short fields, burbank for example, will only accept the 300.

all that to say, that we will probably getting mostly 300s in the future.....and again...does it make a difference....no....

whatever..I'm bored

I get all those little airplanes confused....

A bus is a bus to a 727 guy. Last I heard the F/Os on the bus got wet during walking arounds and had to carry paperwork sometimes. You also have to pour your own coffee...GEEZ...a guy could get a hangnail or something if he wasn't careful.

However, for the 175 or so ahead of me on the 727 F/O list, I do have to point out its a NICE, QUIET, SMOOOTH flying bird with a GREAT bid pack, and it is a nice pay raise--so I think everyone of you should make the MOVE now! Heck--if you don't you might be stuck here for years--and I know you don't want that.

AlbieF15 said:
However, for the 175 or so ahead of me on the 727 F/O list, I do have to point out its a NICE, QUIET, SMOOOTH flying bird with a GREAT bid pack, and it is a nice pay raise--so I think everyone of you should make the MOVE now! Heck--if you don't you might be stuck here for years--and I know you don't want that.

Sorry Albie...but I'll be ahead of you on the slaveship for years :nuts: . The last thing I want to do is 2 or 3 months in that sorry excuse of a training department. Not to mention the "nice pay raise" really isn't all that nice. Not enough incentive for me anyway. I'd be in the Boeing right seat for the last 20 years of my career if they kept the airplanes that long. If there's an easier way to make money I haven't found it. Believe me I've looked. Maybe the -10 right seat, but that's a training iteration.

Your mileage may vary. Enjoy the bid.

guys...unless commuting is the issue...get off the slaveship! i spent 11 months on the panel and the last 10.5 yrs on the bus..it's a different airline..for one you can have a conversation without yelling..better trips..more dayflying..better pay...after a long leg you don't feel like somebody beat u up for the last 3 hrs..but whatever..just an opinion as this bid unfolds..but the left seat has run so junior lately that it should tell u something...

Foxhunter,
Welcome back, and I hope that you never feel like you have to leave again... I may not agree with what you espouse, but at least I think that I'll be able to have reasonable discourse with you... Without sounding holier than thou, you are forgiven, but not yet pardoned... Sorry, but it comes with the territory of the decisions we all make in life...

As for the practice bid, I think we should all bid what we intend to do (If we can decide given so many variables)... Does this help the company? Yes... Does this help the crew force? Yes... Hopefully, we (the crew force and the company) will one day feel that we're on the same team... I know the ball's mostly in the company's hands on this issue, but if I can help one of you out there with my honest assesment of what I plan to do, then that's what I'll attempt to do....

FWIW, I'm going to change domiciles from ANC to MEM on the MD... While ANC is not a bad place, as a commuter, I don't want to take the chance of having to stay there for the next three years... Not as many NWA flights as there used to be...

Take Care!
Murdawg5

Heard a rumor from the training dept to brace for months of hiring guys right into the right seat of all planes, with little to no new hires going to the panel. Anyone else hear that??

Any help moving to ANC?

Dumb question I know, BUT... Does FedEx help it's employees move to ANC like it does to SFS? Not necessarily pay for the whole thing like Subic, but at least help somewhat through discount or other method. Just curious because moving all the way to ANC from the east coast would not be fun, especially on new hire pay.

Keeping fingers crossed for the panel in MEM,

TSD

Latest resources

Back