• Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bid process

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people...

How frequently does the company change the equipment that services cities? It seems like this would be a pretty big issue for folks that manage to work their schedule to fly to their home city and back.

What is the bid process referred to here? Is it just a re-shuffling of everyone that wants to bid a new seat/airframe to see how much seniority they will have? Do you have to wait for one of these bids to be able to change seats/airframe?

Lastly

What's the latest on the meet & greets?

Thanks

sandman2122 said:
Like being a ALPA non-member. All your "fellow pilot's" are paying their dues, are you Foxhunter?

Finally, for you folks who have "friends" who are non-members at FedEx should realize they will be the FIRST ones to cross a picket line. Think about that next time you shake their hand or share a cup of coffee with them.....

The answer to your first question is yes.:) I wrote a rather large check and mailed it to Herndon last week.

If I was you I would not worry about the non-members that would cross the picket line. The problem will be the members. The guys from EAL will tell you that the guys that you never thought would cross were among the first to cross, and the guys that they knew would probably cross never did.

I've been out on strike twice as an ALPA pilot at Seaboard. I have never had any intention of changing that record. Hope we never have to strike, but if necessary I will. Lot easier for me to say that than others because I've been lucky enough to accumulate enough to ride it out. It can be a lot tougher for a younger guy with kids in school, house payments, car payments, medical payments. The last thing you want is a failed strike, or a stike that you settle for what was on the table the day you walked.

I've heard that the european domicle will be CDG using A310's, the intra-asian domicile will be MD10's with the domicile in Hong Kong and the hub in China. I really need to see the system form changes, how the pay is broken out for each seat/aircraft, and what the work rule changes are before I make my next move....

whoa, nelly, did I get that right?? Fox Hunter paid to get back into the ALPA fold?????

FedEx1 said:
whoa, nelly, did I get that right?? Fox Hunter paid to get back into the ALPA fold?????

Unclear. As of today his name is no longer on the non-member list. HOWEVER, it is on the "non-members on dues checkoff" list.

SO, it would appear that he did not pony up the full amount of back dues that he owed. Or maybe he just put himself on dues checkoff without paying any back dues.

This isn't the first time that he has quit ALPA if I recall the '95-96 time frame correctly. Also, wouldn't surprise me if he quit FPA when it finally started acting like a union.

Alright, back to the Jack email and FedEx news. Frickin Foxhunter and him justifying his non member status is hijacking every Fedex thread.

The aircraft type for the Euro domicile will make an impact on my bidding preference for the next bid. I am coming from the narrow body so my decision for Bus or MD might be swayed if I knew what was going to be in Europe. Do they not know for sure or why the big secret? Overall good news though...can't wait to see how junior the 727 Captain bid goes.

boost

Welcome Back

I will take FoxHunter at his word, whether he got it all in one shot or is working on it a little at a time, I don't care. It is probably quite a sum.

Let me be the first to say "Welcome Back!" and Thanks....we are glad to have you!

Latest resources

Back