• Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlbieF15 said:
...sounds great until you see Boston/Indy on your line 7 6 times in a month. Money ain't everything, and I've discovered my kids don't really care what my W-2 says if we are spending time together

Albie,

That's the most intellegent statement i've ever heard here on this bbb. I couldn't agree with you more.

Whale

Why don't we all bid 727 s/o to help management figure out their future. Just in the short term on the pratice? I'm having a hard time figuring my future too, with no freaking contract. And no end in sight.
We need to do something to get their attention since we can't seem to stop working overtime to apply some psi while they man up the place.

MemTrash said:
Why don't we all bid 727 s/o to help management figure out their future. Just in the short term on the pratice? I'm having a hard time figuring my future too, with no freaking contract. And no end in sight.
We need to do something to get their attention since we can't seem to stop working overtime to apply some psi while they man up the place.

The problem with that is that the practice bids are for the benefit of the crewmembers, not management. The crew force waits for the results of the practice bid so they can get an idea where they will fall out when the bid closes. If the practice bid is close to the final results the crew force will have made an informed decision. Management always has instant access to all the bid inputs, the pilots only get it when the practice or final award is published. Now if a large number of MD11 Captains and F/Os actually bid the A300 and then a large number of A300 Captains and F/Os actually bid the MD11, that would be an an attention getter. Messing with the practice bid will only hurt your fellow pilots.

George, it sounded to me like Happy Jack wanted us to update our standing bids so that they (mgmt) could take an internal look and run their own forcasting pratice bid. To help them figure out if they should do a big bid or a smaller one. It really didn't sound like it would be for us ranknfile guys to see. The pratice bid is never close anyway. I was just saying we shouldn't help them. Of course with your current non member status I guess you do want to help the them and don't care about the group. I hate that you are on the dark side now. We lost a potential good man in you.

Finally, for you folks who have "friends" who are non-members at FedEx should realize they will be the FIRST ones to cross a picket line. Think about that next time you shake their hand or share a cup of coffee with them in the A.O.C......

Last edited:
Potential good man. Obviously not.

Unbelievable Fox that you would say that we are hurting our fellow crewmembers. Not only is that BS, but since when have you worried about that. Selfish.

Despite Jack Lewis's email message, screwing around with the practice bid will certainly have more negative effect on the pilot group than the company. And playing games on the practice bid will have ZERO effect on negotiations; to think otherwise is naive.

I am hoping for a new, great contract just as much as anyone else, but it's my opinion that the practice bid is truly more of a benefit to pilots, and as such, my bid will reflect what I want to fly.

The previous post saying that mediated negotiations always last 18-24 months is a very good observation. It's always a waiting game, most of the time about 80% of the contract work is TA'd in the last 30 days. Don't burn out. It's best to just relax, enjoy your time off, let the union guys get the headaches. We pay them for just that.

Be willing and able when it's your time to stand up and help out (picketing, voting, volunteering). Don't try to come up with your own ways to speed up the process; this can also backfire.

Hopefully we can get it all settled sooner in less than average time, like about a year in mediation...

My two cents, I could be wrong.

Flappy

ditto

MemTrash said:
George, it sounded to me like Happy Jack wanted us to update our standing bids so that they (mgmt) could take an internal look and run their own forcasting pratice bid. To help them figure out if they should do a big bid or a smaller one. It really didn't sound like it would be for us ranknfile guys to see. The pratice bid is never close anyway. I was just saying we shouldn't help them. Of course with your current non member status I guess you do want to help the them and don't care about the group. I hate that you are on the dark side now. We lost a potential good man in you.

I got the same impression as for them running a behind the scenes practice bid so they could adjust any potential future bid.

Goose17

Well after 1 and half years past my "meet and greet" down there in MEM, I finally have a 2nd sponsor. I have been told directly by Don McArthur and John Ryder that my paper work will not move forward until I have that all-important THIRD employee number on my app.!! Any advice? Should I stand outside the gates and try and flag down people?

CVG/CRJ-700 Capt.

FLYRJS said:
Well after 1 and half years past my "meet and greet" down there in MEM, I finally have a 2nd sponsor. I have been told directly by Don McArthur and John Ryder that my paper work will not move forward until I have that all-important THIRD employee number on my app.!! Any advice? Should I stand outside the gates and try and flag down people?

CVG/CRJ-700 Capt.

Have you tried hangin out at Kinko's??? Might be a place to go and meet FedEX people.

Latest resources

Back