Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CaptainMark

new letter from chief pilot...bid coming..possibly huge...anc to increase by 100 crewmembers..lax to grow as well and still possible european domicile..new hires possible to the fo seat on the md-11 in anc..good news

Just read the email from JL, what a logistical nightmare. 200+ widebody captains for the LOW side...NICE!

Just think, a couple of years ago S/O were stuck there for several years and now new hires could be going straight to the right seat of the Mad Dog! Wow.

ANC increase of about 100 crewmembers...not a bad place to be if you can get the family up there...and if you are single then you need to go get your shots up to date with all the nice Pacific Rim trips you'll be flying.

LAX to increase a little and eliminate the Long Beach and Burbank flying? Never have seen one trip in or out of there anyway? Domestic flying out of LAX is crap. Traffic is crap and commuting is even worse.

Ok, so this might be the one huge bid to cover the training dept. for the next 2-3 yrs. Do you stay a senior F/O for a couple more years or go ahead and upgrade to captain junior? Million dollar question.

PurpleTail said:
LAX to increase a little and eliminate the Long Beach and Burbank flying? Never have seen one trip in or out of there anyway? Domestic flying out of LAX is crap. Traffic is crap and commuting is even worse.

I'm trying to decipher Jack's letter. With regard to LAX, is he saying it is going to be all domestic flying out of LAX, or that the increase was going to be in domestic flying? Any ideas?

I bet Mad Dog in Europe, its already taking over quite a few of the Bus Euro SIBA lines....and the Bus is picking up South America.

Hmmm.....whadda I wanna do?

Kind of hard to firm up my standing bid....I am in training right now....Wow...I wonder what I could go to next? With so much in the "air" right now being in negotiations and all....I just don't know what to bid. So hard to know what the environment will be like without a new contract to hang my hat on. New airplanes, new domiciles...everything in play...hmmm I don't think I can decide till I see what the flying environment (i.e. contract) looks like.

What to do....what to do.

Expect new hires to all right seats in the fleet. S/O freeze in the back for several months with passover. Freeze possible from right seat of 72 to right seat widebody. Same possible from right seat widebody to left seat 72. Co. is trying to minimize multiple training cycles and wants seat moves to be logical for experience. 450 new hires this year is reasonable.

take it for what it's worth. everything can change.

Latest resources

Back