• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disagree with whom? I've never taken anyone's side on this discussion.

So used to being the one getting bashed that I made a false assumption here perhaps. Sorry.

I just think 150+ posts of "my airplane's better than yours" is a bit lame.

Don't people attempt to buy the "better" airplane though? I suppose many buy the one that strokes their ego more but that shouldn't be the criteria. In determining the best airplane for the mission an honest and open discussion is helpful. Unfortunately, the anti-EMB agenda makes honest discussion impossible.

And I would dump all the 50s and 2000s and go with the Legacy. The additional capability the Falcons might enjoy are negated by SOPs so why pay the extra $ for a 2000 or pay the same price for a tiny 50EX? And when one looks at reliability and DOCs, the Embraer beats the heck out of both of 'em. Alas, a man can dream...

Global? Now that would be fun.

A Man? Where??:rolleyes:

A Man? Where??:rolleyes:

I wagered CRJ how long it would be before you showed up with your usual ABSOLUTE LACK OF ANYTHING WORTHY to say... I lost--you're four days late.

(What a shock!!) :eek:

Maybe I can bet double or nothing as to when the rest of the Usual Suspects show up.

Last edited:
Maybe I can bet double or nothing as to when the rest of the Usual Suspects show up.

Looks like it would have been a bad idea.

I heard a Legacy picking up their clearance to Page, AZ a few days back, out of KSMO. Their final destination after Page? Chicago. I guess the Legacy can't even depart a 5000' runway to go to Chicago when it's wet - it can only go 250 miles!! LOL.

Then again, I suppose it doesn't much matter. Very few regionals go into runways shorter than 7,000 feet with any regularity.

Can anyone comment on the differences between the 50EX and the 900EX. The 2 pilots I know who fly the 900 love it.

I am a bit surprised at the conflicting comments on crosswind performance? Its either strong or weak but it can't be both.

Looks like it would have been a bad idea.

I heard a Legacy picking up their clearance to Page, AZ a few days back, out of KSMO. Their final destination after Page? Chicago. I guess the Legacy can't even depart a 5000' runway to go to Chicago when it's wet - it can only go 250 miles!! LOL.

Then again, I suppose it doesn't much matter. Very few regionals go into runways shorter than 7,000 feet with any regularity.

What was the tail number? Once again you are just talking out of your ignorant, bloated backside. It is clear they were dropping pax in Page and continuing or doing a repo-pickup / pickup-repo. There is no operational limitation for either a "P" or "E" model requiring that stop.

I flew KSMO to KTEB with regularity in three different Legacy birds over a period of three years in all wx...so shut the f*** up already.

(Also flew the ERJ with a full boat out of KEWR daily back in the day. Lot shorter than 7000' ya' rabble rousing a-hat.)

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the differences between the 50EX and the 900EX. The 2 pilots I know who fly the 900 love it.

I am a bit surprised at the conflicting comments on crosswind performance? Its either strong or weak but it can't be both.

I fly the 50EX and 900B. I have never had any problems landing either one of them in any conditions. We have a 900EX and I have not heard any of our pilots who fly it complain either. The 900B flys better than the 50EX IMHO, but there is nothing wrong with either of them. With fully boosted non-reversible hydraulic controls (same as you get on a fighter jet), the Falcon aircraft fly like a dream.

I fly the 900EX and really can't find anything wrong with it, except that the galley is too small for the longest legs. We do HNL-PIE occasionally, which is sometimes 9+30 or more with 8 or 9 pax. We have the crew lav option, so that may make our galley a little smaller, I don't know.
As far as performance, straight to 410. Accelerate to .80 and go for as long as you like. I've taken it 490 topping weather and still went .80. No crosswind landing issues. BFLs are usually around 4000' except for the heaviest weights.
The problem with 900EXs right now is the price. Used ones are almost $30M.

What was the tail number? Once again you are just talking out of your ignorant, bloated backside. It is clear they were dropping pax in Page and continuing or doing a repo-pickup / pickup-repo. There is no operational limitation for either a "P" or "E" model requiring that stop.

PK-RJG or PK-RGJ I believe. Now who is "just talking out of your ignorant, bloated backside?" And the crew calling it a "tech stop for fuel" after loading up 2 pax out of KSMO made it pretty obvious to me why they were going to Page. How can you possibly think that you know every trip that every Legacy does in the world? This crew stopped for fuel, that's all that I know. I have no idea if they could have made it 100 nm from destination, or whether they could only make it a few hundred miles from KSMO, but I do know that they stopped for fuel.

I flew KSMO to KTEB with regularity in three different Legacy birds over a period of three years in all wx...so shut the f*** up already.

You probably did fly KSMO - KTEB. But not everyone is comfortable going out of an airport that requires more runway than you've got, or landing in KTEB with 1,100 lbs of fuel. ;)

(Also flew the ERJ with a full boat out of KEWR daily back in the day. Lot shorter than 7000' ya' rabble rousing a-hat.)

Yes, because the shortest runway at KEWR, rwy 29, at 6800' is so much shorter than 7,000 feet.

Latest resources

Back