• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver - it appears it takes you about 7 minutes to change screen names, pretty consistently. Why so long???

Nah, cuz there is a post up there where the difference is two minutes, one is thirty-seven minutes, and another that's twelve. So much for your theory. :nuts:

I'm pretty sure we could arrange a chat to show CRJ and RUM writing at the exact same time I am but what's the point?

I'm fairly certain as Rum stated that taking a look at post histories and length of time on this board would show we are different people. (If you look closely you'll probably see us logged in at the same time sometimes and other times not. Also I can guarantee you the IP addresses and Internet Service Providers we use are different. Pretty hard to drive to a new domain across town in seven minutes.)

Personally I could give a rip.

IF YOU SUSPECT I AM MASQUERADING AS THREE DIFFERENT USERS REPORT ME TO THE WEBMASTER.

(He has access to weblogs, IP Addresses, etc. to show we are in fact three different people. I look forward to my acquittal.)

Apparently I've won the argument because all you can do to discredit me is cast personal aspersions and innuendo.

Final Score

Legacy 28
Falcon 3

Last edited:
It doesnt matter how many screen names a guy has. If he makes a valid point he can have as many as he wants. So I guess in LDs case hes making 4 times as many good points! However, I am not LD and neither id Rumrnr. Dont know who Skull whatever is but Im pretty sure its not LD. Ok next topic?

LOL! Silly boy.

Maybe we should ping pong a few messages.

Go kick rum out from whatever bridge he's sleeping under tonight.

LegacyDriver - Don't you have something else to do, other than act childish?

I suggest you take one of your 50's up for some x-wind landing practice; what do you think? Clearly, you need some practice to learn proper rudder usage. Maybe taking a tailwheel a/c up would be good for you too?

You're a disgrace to Dassault to be representing the product as you do. You're the only person I've found that has a complaint about the way the Falcon flies. Pilot error? :)

LegacyDriver - Don't you have something else to do, other than act childish?

Childish? You're the one accusing me of being three people and questioning my piloting skill. Talk about childish.

I suggest you take one of your 50's up for some x-wind landing practice; what do you think? Clearly, you need some practice to learn proper rudder usage. Maybe taking a tailwheel a/c up would be good for you too?

Dude, I grew up in South Texas. I didn't land into the wind until I went to the Regionals. Any time, any day, you want to meet for a X-Wind landing competition I'm game. Loser pays a year's salary.

You're a disgrace to Dassault to be representing the product as you do. You're the only person I've found that has a complaint about the way the Falcon flies. Pilot error? :)

Dassault is a good enough disgrace to itself. They still haven't caught the Legacy in a number of areas with their 7X. Those guys already *FAILED* at producing a Regional Jet. Yep, that's right. Dassault built a Regional Jet that nobody would buy. NOBODY. Cuz they don't know how.

An RJ needs to work all the time, in any weather, with any crosswind imaginable without jamming a rudder to the floor to do it. Falcon couldn't handle it.

As for being the only pilot who says Falcons suck in X-Winds, etc.... Every pilot I have spoken to that has flown a *REAL* airplane (Embraer, Canadair, Gulfstream)--other than dyed in the wool Falcon junkies-- says the same as I do: Falcons are under-ruddered, overrated pieces of sh*t. Limitation on the Falcon 7X for X-Wind component is 23 knots.

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USELESS.

Having landed an EMB with a 45-knot direct crosswind without even sweating I can tell you that I know how to do it. In a 50? Fat chance. Maybe if you sideload it and rip all the tires off.

PLEASE.

What kind of moron designed the Falcon control system any way? You barely breathe on the damned yoke and the plane responds but to get the rudder to do *ANYTHING* you have to push it three times as far as on any other airplane.

STUPID.

Bad design.

Horrible.

Embraer has it right all the way. The double rudder and coupled nosewheel steering gives ABSOLUTE and COMPLETE authority to the pilot exactly as he wants it, when he wants it. The Falcon??? No airplane I have ever flown has such pathetic and ridiculous (lack of) rudder authority.

Then again, Falcon has a history of under-ruddered airplanes. That's why they had to add rudder to the 50EX over the 50...and it still isn't enough. That's also why the 7X can barely keep the centerline on a 15-knot X-wind (Falcon is going back to the drawing board and adding additional nosewheel authority to the thing because it only has like three degrees and that ain't cutting it with the wimpy rudder).

Ever try an upwind engine failure at max demo crosswind in the sim in 50EX? Pretty dicey maneuver. My sim partner crashed three times before he got it right. (I got it right first time because I watched what he did wrong. Was still a near thing.)

Embraer? Hell, I had V1 Failures in the sim where I intentionally left the rudder neutral just to see what it did. All that happened was it flew with a crab.

Embraers are built to be flown by 300-hour pilots. That's the kind of airplane I want. Faithful. Honest. True. Easy. Maybe someday Falcon will get a f'ing clue. I doubt it.

Heck, France can't even defend their own nation from the Germans (TWICE). What makes anyone think they can build an airplane that's worth a sh*t?

Grow up.

Last edited:
LeagacyDriver wrote --

Dude, I grew up in South Texas. I didn't land into the wind until I went to the Regionals. Any time, any day, you want to meet for a X-Wind landing competition I'm game. Loser pays a year's salary.

Quote:
You're a disgrace to Dassault to be representing the product as you do. You're the only person I've found that has a complaint about the way the Falcon flies. Pilot error?
Dassault is a good enough disgrace to itself. They still haven't caught the Legacy in a number of areas with their 7X. Those guys already *FAILED* at producing a Regional Jet. Yep, that's right. Dassault built a Regional Jet that nobody would buy. NOBODY. Cuz they don't know how.

An RJ needs to work all the time, in any weather, with any crosswind imaginable without jamming a rudder to the floor to do it. Falcon couldn't handle it.

As for being the only pilot who says Falcons suck in X-Winds, etc.... Every pilot I have spoken to that has flown a *REAL* airplane (Embraer, Canadair, Gulfstream)--other than dyed in the wool Falcon junkies-- says the same as I do: Falcons are under-ruddered, overrated pieces of sh*t. Limitation on the Falcon 7X for X-Wind component is 23 knots.

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USELESS.

Having landed an EMB with a 45-knot direct crosswind without even sweating I can tell you that I know how to do it. In a 50? Fat chance. Maybe if you sideload it and rip all the tires off.

PLEASE.

What kind of moron designed the Falcon control system any way? You barely breathe on the damned yoke and the plane responds but to get the rudder to do *ANYTHING* you have to push it three times as far as on any other airplane.

STUPID.

Bad design.

Horrible.

Embraer has it right all the way. The double rudder and coupled nosewheel steering gives ABSOLUTE and COMPLETE authority to the pilot exactly as he wants it, when he wants it. The Falcon??? No airplane I have ever flown has such pathetic and ridiculous (lack of) rudder authority.

Then again, Falcon has a history of under-ruddered airplanes. That's why they had to add rudder to the 50EX over the 50...and it still isn't enough. That's also why the 7X can barely keep the centerline on a 15-knot X-wind (Falcon is going back to the drawing board and adding additional nosewheel authority to the thing because it only has like three degrees and that ain't cutting it with the wimpy rudder).

Ever try an upwind engine failure at max demo crosswind in the sim in 50EX? Pretty dicey maneuver. My sim partner crashed three times before he got it right. (I got it right first time because I watched what he did wrong. Was still a near thing.)

Embraer? Hell, I had V1 Failures in the sim where I intentionally left the rudder neutral just to see what it did. All that happened was it flew with a crab.

Embraers are built to be flown by 300-hour pilots. That's the kind of airplane I want. Faithful. Honest. True. Easy. Maybe someday Falcon will get a f'ing clue. I doubt it.

Heck, France can't even defend their own nation from the Germans (TWICE). What makes anyone think they can build an airplane that's worth a sh*t?

Grow up.

LD -

When I was in school with your DO/Chief Pilot (?) from what they said, they had no problems with 15kt crosswinds in the 7X? Did you ask them? Im guessing they may be interested in knowing this 7X info and rudder problems only you seem to know about? I sure am!

X-wind issues? Neither myself nor the rest of the classes complained about landing issues?...I cant say Im a diehard Falcon fan, but the FBW Falcon is pretty impressive to me...but then again Im only rated in 7 business jets at this point...and have never flown an Embarear.

How about you? did you have problems up there in Morristown? congrats on the new rating anyhow, even if it's "useless"...why not look at it this way - you can go elsewhere and easily double+ your salary with that rating? thats not useless!

FWIW 30+kts was not a problem in the sim either...did you not do this demo?

Your crosswind problems really sound like a serious issue and should be looked into before you damage an airplane, or worse.

3 crashes and another near crash in the sim due to crosswinds?? - while I cant speak for yours, I'd definitely like to know about that within my department.

:eek:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back