• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best on a Camel said:
GO TO THE ROADSHOW.

My Negotiating Committee speaks for me!
Right on! They speak for me too! And they're about to go back to the table to speak for me some more!

Hopefully they won't be because I am voting YES. Industry leading contract in this enviornment? You would be nuts not to!

Last edited:
Ummm... I'm confused. How is this an "industry-leading" contract? It's less than Comair in nearly every arena, is about identical to Mesaba's which was signed last year (except your new F/O rates are lower as is your min day and rest provisions), and in many ways it's even worse than ours at PCL which I view as "middle of the road" (your pay rates are about $2 an hour, or 3% higher than ours year for year).

I wouldn't exactly call this an "industry-leading" contract...

Good luck to all of you, I'll be proud to come down and help walk the line during your strike should it come to that.

I'm sorry you are confused, if you were an XJT pilot you could come to one of our road shows and have it explained to you.

Sorry, I do not want to sound curt, just getting tired of all the missinformation going on here.

:)

Yeah, I have to agree. I went to a roadshow today and there are few contrats out there that even come close. Its not all about the pay rates and there are things I would like to see, however trying to outline every section on this forum is absurd and frankly meaningless. The guys did well to demonstrate that this is the most expensive contract in our business (50 seats).

No offense Lear, but you dont know the facts.

Its about XJT and no one else.

Adios.

Best on a Camel said:
Hopefully they won't be because I am voting YES. Industry leading contract in this enviornment? You would be nuts not to!
You sound like some 22 year old kid who still lives with mommy. You have got to be kidding me.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATRCA said:
Yeah, I have to agree. I went to a roadshow today and there are few contrats out there that even come close. Its not all about the pay rates and there are things I would like to see, however trying to outline every section on this forum is absurd and frankly meaningless. The guys did well to demonstrate that this is the most expensive contract in our business (50 seats).

No offense Lear, but you dont know the facts.

Its about XJT and no one else.

Adios.
I'm glad you came today (and were even brave enough to sit up in the front row). You asked some great questions and your ability to keep and open mind is commendable. Thanks for coming and thanks for the post above - it is dead on!

-Neal

Far far from it my friend,

Just mature and have also been in the aviation business for along time. A good deal in this enviornment is a YES vote from me and my wife.

And from the several conversations I had in the crewroom today, a bunch of the guys agree with me. Once this deal is explained to people, and put in the proper context I think you will see the vocal minority change their opinion too.

As the MEC and Duane Woerth said "Hope is not a strategy."

On a side note, I took one of my kids to a Linkin Park concert awhile back, that lead singer is a shorty! (See I'm not such an old fuddy duddy!):cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back