Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, it's a typo:

"FO's 70% of CA Pay? Must be a typo?"

Sorry. That's a screw-up in the media's part. We are on the phone now correcting this mis-information.

Look for detailed briefings from the Union via roadshows starting Friday at 1200. Locations and times will be released later this evening.

I'm not sure what's going to be more interesting, the US presidential vote or the TA vote. First in the presidential election, both major candidates suck; confirmed 3rd party voter. On the TA, tentatively before seeing all of it...yes. All sections displayed so far have been adequate. Perhaps the Kool Aid has been spiked, we shall see.

As a former XJet Pilot, just remember what was negotiated in the previous contract with the FLOW BACK clause. 3 to 1 flow up, and an unlimited flow back. Dont get all wraped up in the pay and overlook the small details

Furloughed 9/29/01

I can't believe some of you guys have already made up your mind on how to vote without even seeing the TA. I'm not a company guy, but you can't always get what you want, that's why they call it negotiations. From What I've read so far, especially the message from Mark Leneski, the contract will meet most XJT pilots' expectations.
  • Full retroactive pay for all pilots at industry leading rates and worth $30 million has been achieved.
  • The agreement, when considered as a whole, establishes the XJT pilots as leaders for 50-seat aircraft W-2 compensation, work rules and benefits.
  • Enhanced scheduling/work rules, including long call/short call reserves, more guaranteed days off each bid period for all pilots, and vastly improved trip trading opportunities
What don't you like about these things?

Ahh never mind what I was going to say.

Listen sh!theads, read the damm thing first. Then b!tch and moan all you want. That's all I ask. Just read it first. Then take a good long look around you. Look at what you might be getting. Compare that to what others at both the majors and sub-majors don't even have or have had to give up, or will be giving up shortly. Consider that, then make your decision YES or NO. It's your vote. Do with it as you please. Just don't vote based on your emotions.

Last edited:
There is a few not so smart inviduals at XJET that love to brag that they will vote NO to any TA that is not $100.00 pay for 6 year captains. Ignore them please. They think it is "cool" to scream vote "no".

100/hour/5y said:
My Buddy Just had his PC and the talk at the training center is about us getting USAIR 170's... emb higher up's... came to training center last week and gave us a deal for all of USAIR's 170 sitting at the plant for 1 million more than XR's..

Rumor from a Check Airman meeting (or something similar) was that the Jim & Jim show mentioned that we bought 25 of the USAir built EMB-170's. If it's true I'm sure we can expect an announcement about a week before our TA vote closes.

Congrats Coex! But PLEASE remember... read the entire TA cover to cover before you vote. It's not all about pay and the devil is in the details. I hope you didn't give up on stuff for that 100% retro pay... but none the less... BAD A$$!! Glad it didn't come to a cooling off period, or worse.

FO

So you bought a bunch of E170s eh? Well they'll be the largest paper-weights ever built...you seem to forget a little thing called a scope clause that CAL has.

I really doubt that'll change.

Congrats on the TA though!

Latest resources

Back