• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Currently your seat purchase agreement with CAL limits you to only flying for CAL. (It also protects you as the only jet provider for CAL...a GOOD thing) I guess that is up for expiration/ammendment in 2007 right? So, in other words, no 70 seaters for a little bit yet. Maybe the bugs will be out of the E170s at that point. :)

"Hey...the ailerons don't seem to be working....stupid fly by wire....aasd%$#@kjhasd!"

Still though, most airlines aren't handing out many raises lately so I hope you guys enjoy them! And keep in mind, its only the 3rd contract in the history of the company so it's not going to be perfect. Hell, I remember guys bitching about how the last contracts at DAL & UAL sucked when they came out. Its all perspective, right? Good luck!

Vortilon said:
Currently your seat purchase agreement with CAL limits you to only flying for CAL.
To paraphrase what others have posted, the CPA prohibits us from flying anything larger than 59 seats for CAL. It does not however, prohibit us from flying under the Express Jet banner, not does it prohibit from feeding other carriers with larger aircraft.

Thanks for the good wishes though.

I'm speaking of the the combination effects of the CAL scope clause and the Expressjet/CAL Seat Purchase Agreement that was created during the spinoff. Both of those have the effect of limiting who you can fly for and what you fly. It is my understanding the SPA expires in 2007 so that can be amended to allow other jets but you'd have to do that flying for someone else unless CAL's scope changes.

Clear as mud now?

Vortilon said:
I'm speaking of the the combination effects of the CAL scope clause and the Expressjet/CAL Seat Purchase Agreement that was created during the spinoff. Both of those have the effect of limiting who you can fly for and what you fly. It is my understanding the SPA expires in 2007 so that can be amended to allow other jets but you'd have to do that flying for someone else unless CAL's scope changes.

Clear as mud now?
Yeah. Thanks for the support. We'll take it from here.

No, we can fly 797's as long as we don't do it from a CAL hub (competition clause). CAL controls the aircraft we have on order, but if we obtain financing for other a/c we may fly them anywhere. The 59 seat restriction is the only CAL scope clause it their current contract. No one may fly CAL colors anywhere with more than 59 seats.

Vortilon said:
Currently your seat purchase agreement with CAL limits you to only flying for CAL. (It also protects you as the only jet provider for CAL...a GOOD thing)
Are you sure that covers all of Express Jet HOLDINGS and XJT Holdings or just Express Jet AIRLINES?

I'm also not sure your facts regarding the hub exclusivity are accurate as well.

While Express Jet is the only jet provider for CAL thru the hubs, I believe other jet carriers could be CAL Connection if there was no hub flying involved. That's why SkyWest and CHQ have been talking with CAL about providing feed -- in jets.

100/hour/5y said:
Release #04.042
October 6, 2004

ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Houston, TX – After more than two years of intense negotiations with management, ExpressJet (dba Continental Express) pilot representatives, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l (ALPA), announced today that they have reached a Tentative Agreement on Contract 2002.

"It’s taken more than two years to reach this point, but our pilot negotiators secured substantial improvements to the current contract in the areas of compensation, job protection, work rules, and scope," said Capt. Mark Leneski, chairman of the XJT Master Executive Council, a unit of the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l. "The determination and sacrifices of our pilots and their families made this Tentative Agreement possible."

Pilot representatives unanimously and firmly endorsed the Tentative Agreement, and recommended that the pilots vote "yes" on the upcoming ballot of the membership.

Contract negotiations between the pilots union and ExpressJet management have been ongoing since July 2002. Pilot representatives and negotiators will conduct roadshows for the ExpressJet pilots this week in all three hubs.

During contract talks with management, ExpressJet pilots and employees garnered ExpressJet the award of Airline of the Year in 2003.

ExpressJet pilots safely transport more than 50,000 passengers to more than 130 destinations daily on a growing fleet of state-of-the-art Embraer jets. These destinations range from St. Johns, Newfoundland, to Acapulco, Mexico, including the Caribbean. ExpressJet Airlines is the sole provider of small jet service for Continental Airlines in that company’s hubs in Newark, Cleveland and Houston, and is the largest small jet operator in the world.

ALPA is the world’s oldest and largest pilot union, representing 64,000 airline pilots at 43 airlines in the U.S. and Canada. www.alpa.org.

###

ALPA Contact: Gordon Shattles
Office: 281-987-3636
Cell: 713-397-5689
Congratulations, you are all going to be millionaires.

67 dollars for a 5yr capt, aint going to make a millionaire out of the pilot. Managment(yes).

So when you guys opening the LAX base, Lax employees are said to be setting things in place for your new mini hub?

Did I hear correctly that profit sharing is only guarnteed for 2 yrs? Is that when the CHQ merger is complete?

Latest resources

Back