• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Flow for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no argument that this isn't a slap in the face for current 9E pilots. Delta has clearly demonstrated they are willing to do more for pilots that aren't on the property yet than they are for their current employees. That tells you where you are in Delta's scheme of things. It stings but before you do something rash take a second and look at Deltas plan and ask 'is it going to work?' I doubt it and that's an even bigger problem.

Delta forced 9E into bankruptcy and then purchased them for one reason. RA said it was to 'reset the rates for the entire DCI system'. How is that going? BB and RAH told Delta to pound sand. Next year they will park the 41 ERJ's they currently operate for Delta. The pilots involved will get a raise when they go to larger equipment. It is becoming increasingly clear SKW/XJT/ASA is going to do the same. SKW will reset their rates they charge Delta higher next year and collect the back payment they will be due. Delta will then have the option to withdraw some or all of the AC they own from service with them. If they do the pilots will not go with them - SKW/XJT has plenty of other work for them. Compass just signed a new agreement with raises. So who is going to operate these AC if Delta takes them back?

It is no longer a buyers market for regional feed - it is a sellers market. Delta management has never dealt with this before and has no clue what to do. This time next year there will be an industry wide shortage of regional lift. That shortage probably will not be shared equally.

9E management has stated on several occasions Endeavors inability to recruit is impacting Deltas business plan for all the DCI carriers. That is how management looks at this problem - it is a recruiting problem - not a shortage of pilots willing to work for peanuts.

Time will tell. My bet is by next summer Delta will not have any 50 seat feed and will be looking at a shortfall of 76 seat feed. But they will never admit the problem is pay at the regional level. If this recruiting solution doesn't work watch for Delta trying to acquire another regional or sell 9E with a lot of strings attached. Of course if they sell 9E the SSP and EtD programs end.

Last edited:
So to be eligible for the flow, one must be a Captain for 3 years? I'm completely confused...we are downgrading and have 7- 8 year FO's on property. By the time a new hire reaches captain...add three years and you're looking at 10 years minimum.

Keep voting yes

Exactly! Keep voting yes, running to get on time,keep freaking bending over with no end. I have been quiet lately trying to control my blood pressure. What a sh!t show! Im actually sitting back and watching the show. Exactly what this airline deserves. I hope the fire keep on burning. And for those company 85% pilots i hope you go no where and burn with Endevour like you deserve.

xactly! Keep voting yes, running to get on time,keep freaking bending over with no end. I have been quiet lately trying to control my blood pressure. What a sh!t show! Im actually sitting back and watching the show. Exactly what this airline deserves. I hope the fire keep on burning. And for those company 85% pilots i hope you go no where and burn with Endevour like you deserve.

Lol. Hope all you want. Doesn't change the number that have left to jetblue, spirit, delta, and many many others.

-one yes voter

Another sad day in aviation I guess.

Why because pragmatism works? Embrace it.

Do what 1000 other Endeavor guys did, fill out apps, network, leave that dumpster fire. If you can't right now, be patient it'll happen. There is time, life doesn't end at Endeavor.

Last edited:
I have no argument that this isn't a slap in the face for current 9E pilots. Delta has clearly demonstrated they are willing to do more for pilots that aren't on the property yet than they are for their current employees. That tells you where you are in Delta's scheme of things. It stings but before you do something rash take a second and look at Deltas plan and ask 'is it going to work?' I doubt it and that's an even bigger problem.

Delta forced 9E into bankruptcy and then purchased them for one reason. RA said it was to 'reset the rates for the entire DCI system'. How is that going? BB and RAH told Delta to pound sand. Next year they will park the 41 ERJ's they currently operate for Delta. The pilots involved will get a raise when they go to larger equipment. It is becoming increasingly clear SKW/XJT/ASA is going to do the same. SKW will reset their rates they charge Delta higher next year and collect the back payment they will be due. Delta will then have the option to withdraw some or all of the AC they own from service with them. If they do the pilots will not go with them - SKW/XJT has plenty of other work for them. Compass just signed a new agreement with raises. So who is going to operate these AC if Delta takes them back?

It is no longer a buyers market for regional feed - it is a sellers market. Delta management has never dealt with this before and has no clue what to do. This time next year there will be an industry wide shortage of regional lift. That shortage probably will not be shared equally.

9E management has stated on several occasions Endeavors inability to recruit is impacting Deltas business plan for all the DCI carriers. That is how management looks at this problem - it is a recruiting problem - not a shortage of pilots willing to work for peanuts.

Time will tell. My bet is by next summer Delta will not have any 50 seat feed and will be looking at a shortfall of 76 seat feed. But they will never admit the problem is pay at the regional level. If this recruiting solution doesn't work watch for Delta trying to acquire another regional or sell 9E with a lot of strings attached. Of course if they sell 9E the SSP and EtD programs end.

This is spot on. There is little doubt in my mind that Delta only needs Endeavour to hold on long enough to force SkyWest, Inc. into a rate reset. Million $$ question is will it work?

With a 5 yr. flow at best, how many of these 'golden' new hires will even see Delta in 2019?

Think about it, all 3 legacies need to hire 5,000 pilots EACH within the next 7-10 years to replace retiring pilots only. Then throw in the LCCs, and there won't be enough pilots, period. The big 3 will start poaching pilots from the LCCs, and the LCCs will start hiring Regional FOs to try to keep them longer, hoping a lack of PIC will keep them around through an upgrade. They will add a training bond too (I think Frontier may have started this) to guarantee a few years on property. The other group that may fill in some hiring positions too could be the Expats that went overseas and figured out that their families wanted to come home or the Sandpit wasn't as hospitable as they had hoped. Regardless, it's gonna be interesting to watch. As the Regionals shrink the Big 3 are going to grab as many A319s or 717s as they can to cover the Regional routes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

FO's submitting resignation letters in mass quantities. Epic failure...guaranteed this will just accelerate the Comair = Bendover process. It makes absolutely zero sense to stay here....even if you're a 6-7 year FO. Get out! Get out now! 37k ain't worth it...7 years you can't ever get back. Don't make it another 7

Latest resources

Back