• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Flow for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
one of my questions I have been asking is how our union can allow Delta seniority list pilots to fly out planes? For that matter, how can a pilot who holds a Delta SN be flying a CRJ 900 and not be getting Delta CRJ 900 rates?

Because you think our legal dept didn't think of that april-june? Isn't it reasonable to assume the Delta legal guys found a way to do this because it was unthought of until now? ALPA national would love to see a flow from regional to brand, just not like this where everyone on property gets their teeth kicked in.

Anyway, why do you think the EtD guy gets a number at Delta, neither of us had a number and we had a flow? Compass pilots didn't have a number either.

one of my questions I have been asking is how our union can allow Delta seniority list pilots to fly out planes? For that matter, how can a pilot who holds a Delta SN be flying a CRJ 900 and not be getting Delta CRJ 900 rates?

Do they get a number right away, or like the Compass guys a spot at Delta eventually?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Do they get a number right away, or like the Compass guys a spot at Delta eventually?

Bye Bye---General Lee

They don't get a number right away. It's more of a conditional job offer based on a number of factors (2 years as CA, training failures, discipline, etc). If they meet all of those criteria, then they will be offered a job at Delta without doing the interview.

Delta will be announcing another wide body purchase soon, along with that more RJs, which will most likely come to Endeavor. It's all part of their buisness plan.

FO's submitting resignation letters in mass quantities. Epic failure...guaranteed this will just accelerate the Comair = Bendover process. It makes absolutely zero sense to stay here....even if you're a 6-7 year FO. Get out! Get out now! 37k ain't worth it...7 years you can't ever get back. Don't make it another 7

This is happening right now at XJT/ASA with a lot of 7 1/2 year or less FO's leaving for somewhere else. 166 FO's resigned vs 138 CAPT's so far this year. Some having gone to the majors, LCCs, corporate, and others left the industry. The numbers will increase throughout the year. Most, if not all, FO's at XJT/ASA (and 9E) have realized that their career progression is going nowhere in their current position, and they possess the experience & credentials to move on to somewhere that pays better. If not pay, a better quality of life. All regionals, not just Endeavor, will have a difficult time finding FO's, regardless of whatever BS "agreement" is being offered for bait from their corresponding mainline dictator.

Delta will be announcing another wide body purchase soon, along with that more RJs, which will most likely come to Endeavor. It's all part of their buisness plan.

It's unlikely those planes will be announced for Endeavor when we've got a staffing issue. However, Delta is famous for Indian giving an airplane to 4 different regionals, and giving them none. Never mind that ASA gets first dibs contractually as long as they'll park 200s, last I looked.

My guess
Plan A, EtD works.
Plan B, EtD fails, buy a regional for the staffing
Plan C, Plan B fails, go down to 81 900s
Plan D, Plan C fails, bye bye.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong.

Uhhhhhh, there is still a limit on the number of larger RJs. (Even if Mainline orders more widebodies) With the way staffing is going at all of the Regionals (or lack thereof), I'd say Delta will be looking for more 717s or even A319s to take up the slack. There is no hiring shortage at Delta, yet. Have you noticed the 717s at Myrtle Beach, Gainsville, Lexington, Gulfport, and XNA? Those sure do seem like old ASA routes.(and mainline routes before that). DL will get 42 717s this year alone according to the Q1 conference call, and I hear they might be looking for more. (9 will be available soon apparently from Blue1 airlines in Denmark). But, that will mean more mainline jobs available too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Uhhhhhh, there is still a limit on the number of larger RJs. (Even if Mainline orders more widebodies) With the way staffing is going at all of the Regionals (or lack thereof), I'd say Delta will be looking for more 717s or even A319s to take up the slack. There is no hiring shortage at Delta, yet. Have you noticed the 717s at Myrtle Beach, Gainsville, Lexington, Gulfport, and XNA? Those sure do seem like old ASA routes.(and mainline routes before that). DL will get 42 717s this year alone according to the Q1 conference call, and I hear they might be looking for more. (9 will be available soon apparently from Blue1 airlines in Denmark). But, that will mean more mainline jobs available too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It was supposed to be a sarcastic post, but I can see how some would misinterpret it. For the record, I do hope Delta continues to pursue other narrow body aircraft other than RJs along with their wide body purchases. It's just seems funny to me that Delta and Endeavor management keep saying that the staffing issues here at Endeavor are keeping Delta from proceding with their "business plan".

God forbid anyone raise the pay to keep pilots on the property

Bingo. It all boils down to this. This is quite a defining moment in our industry with potential to make a unified profound statement; enough is enough! You can't continue to dangle carrot after carrot to band-aid over the real issue---we are professionals who deserve to be compensated as such; whether it's an RJ or a 747. Now the supply/demand pendulum finally is swinging in our favor.

Latest resources

Back