Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry-Riddle and G O Jet, Stop the bleeding.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree.......the work was NOT SCABBED........it was just STOLEN.

More of a SORE.......than a SCAB.

Would someone expand on the UAL "clicker" thing that was mentioned before...this is the first I've heard of this (sounds like quite a few halarious and well deserved harassment stories could be involved)

This latest generation seems to be the FIRST that never grows out of the teenage notion that they know more than their parents/elders. Most of us older types listened to people who know.

You Gen=X+ guys just know it all don't you?

By the way you are being called the ENTITLEMENT generation. No values/morals/work ethics. just give me what I want NOW!!

Have fun!

1st
You seem to miss the whole degree thing. The price of college is pretty uniform across the country. You keep comparing the price of a 4 year degree to the price of flying at an FBO. There are many students at ERAU that fly at surrounding for their flight training. Besides that fact, the price for renting the airplane at Riddle is pretty competitive for a new a/c. The price for the instructor is a different story.

2nd
I don't see a lot of state colleges jumping on the aviation band wagon and buying fleets of a/c. Those who are lucky enough to come from states that have aviation programs are very fortunate. If you look at out-of-state tuition for state colleges that have aviation programs, they are just as expensive as Riddle.

3rd
Its absolutely none of your business where people go to college. If I wanted to pay a million bucks to go to college, that’s my right. Sorry we don’t live in a communist nation.

They must call it Riddle because it is such a mystery to them how their students can continiue to fall for such a joke.

You just don't get it. My response was about none of those things you mentioned. By the tone of your post I would say you are somewhere in phase two of a riddle grad. The phase where they are just starting to really question their decision to go to riddle, but are still defending it because they spent so much money. The career is not what they where told it was at admissions. You are starting to feel bamboozled, hoodwinked but you are still in denial because it had to be worth it, right? I mean you went to riddle, and your resume goes into a different stack, right? Your license looks different than mine right? I mean it shoud be F-ing gold plated for what you paid, because for what it cost me, mine is just plastic.

The point was, dumbass, that it is really ironic for a bunch of financially retarded riddle people to be organizing against GJ to "stop the bleeding" when they are holding the damn knife.

Just keep telling yourself like a mantra....Riddle was right for me, riddle was right for me.....

Enjoy the student loan.

Never really got the Training in brand new airplanes.

I did it a/c that were twenty years old. Funny thing is, my licenses looked the same as they guy in new aiplanes.

You ERAU grads are silly little children that know absolutely nothing about the airlines and how they work so for you to post threads knocking any regional makes me laugh. Grow up, is all I have to say. What you hear is what is programed into your stupid little minds, and p.s. I am an ERAU grad and wish I would never had the chance to go and make a $150000 mistake to go and take there crap of promises to "bypass the regionals" wich I am sure you all heard. So, in closing, keep your mouth shut and your mind open because tomorrow,more then likely, the next regional is going to be bad mouthed.

I call your bluff on your being an ERAU grad. I would be willing to guess that you were one of the 75% that either dropped out due to poor academic performance or lack of cash. Either way- your attitude doesn't reflect that of true Alumni. Hey- hope you are really happy with the job you've got now; I've just read above why you won't move on to another carrier- your attitude. Now, go cry on your mom's shoulder about us ERAU grads and all of our injustices.......GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!

Oh, and as for the lowering of the bar regarding "The Entitlement Generation".......The lowering of the bar started at the mainline carriers through paycuts and work rule changes. I don't know any "Entitlement Generation" pilots at a major. This crappy mess is being dumped in our lap and we're supposed to make chicken $hi+ out of chicken salad by reversing the momentum of a movement we didn't start. Watch which generation bleeds to change things for the better- bet the next airline to strike isn't a major........

Oh, and according to many financial sources- Never in the history of the US Collegiate system has a generation had to pay so much in order to graduate for such little wage benafit. Why- YOUR generation is outsourcing jobs and fostering cutbacks that continue to systematically neuter this once strong country.

Latest resources

Back