Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry-Riddle and G O Jet, Stop the bleeding.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still waiting to see a copy of the tenative agreement GoJet supposedly reached not too long ago...

I heard something pertinent to this the other day. It seems that, yes, they did get "block or better" HOWever it is not "Block or Better: per segment BUT per month. i.e they are screwed. they ain'y gonna see it. They are getting paid LESS to fly a 70 seat a/c into ORD than we get fr for a 50 seater. Also, some of their delivery options on the CRJs have been sold to Mesa and it is reported that the CRJ is a maintenence POS. Ya get what you pay for. TSA/H would have been so far ahead by now had they gone with the EMB-170 AND a common pilot group. Further rumours of a bankruptcy filing for TSA-INC before we see a contract

They must call it Riddle because it is such a mystery to them how their students can continiue to fall for such a joke.

You just don't get it. My response was about none of those things you mentioned. By the tone of your post I would say you are somewhere in phase two of a riddle grad. The phase where they are just starting to really question their decision to go to riddle, but are still defending it because they spent so much money. The career is not what they where told it was at admissions. You are starting to feel bamboozled, hoodwinked but you are still in denial because it had to be worth it, right? I mean you went to riddle, and your resume goes into a different stack, right? Your license looks different than mine right? I mean it shoud be F-ing gold plated for what you paid, because for what it cost me, mine is just plastic.

The point was, dumbass, that it is really ironic for a bunch of financially retarded riddle people to be organizing against GJ to "stop the bleeding" when they are holding the dang knife.

Just keep telling yourself like a mantra....Riddle was right for me, riddle was right for me.....

Enjoy the student loan.

It's a shame all you think about is money. It's also a shame that I have nothing better to do on a layover but respond to you. If only FI was less adicting. Its like crack for pilots.

Then why doesnt ALPA pull their fingers out and go do some "orientation" seminars at these universities...

I posted on another thread about the same point.. why doesn't ALPA teach young Aviators about the industry. This is something that needs to be taught at the college level and at the CFI schools/AirInc seminars.

We as line pilots have a duty to build on what the pilots before us set in stone. When a pilot, be it a newbie FO or an experienced Capt Newhire; goes to work for a company who's sole goal is to destory an exsisting union.... there's a problem.

Don't get me wrong...., we live in America.. Capitalism rules... But there's also Right and Wrong.

I challenge any G0J3TS pilot to tell me they went there as a career and NOT to get on with a Major sooner, thereby circumventing TSA pilots hard work.

Fly Safe, Fly your Contract and Fly Professionally
Motch

PS> I resigned my position within the ALPA Leadership due to ALPA Nationals lack of resolve against G0J3TS.

Ok Looks real, But this is still not national ALPA's position. We all know that sometimes a local union will veer off on their own. Which does not make it right. I predict that even the PSA local ALPA will back away from this position in time.

theo if you do work for gojets could you please make me understand the thought process one goes through when deciding to go for that airline.
don't want to bash you just curious.

Then why doesnt ALPA pull their fingers out and go do some "orientation" seminars at these universities...

If you think these U's are interested in ALPA, you're being too logical.. no I'll bet that ALPA would not be welcome to talk on the campus about the downward wage pressures caused by the pilot labor market situation in this country. I am still convinced that on one side, we have Airlines, the ATA, Flight Training Academy's, and places like Air Inc, and on the other side is the Pilot.

It's a shame all you think about is money. It's also a shame that I have nothing better to do on a layover but respond to you. If only FI was less adicting. Its like crack for pilots.

You don't know what I F-ing think. When posting on a board about pilot training and regional careers, what the h*ll do you want to talk about? Your favorite color? It is a shame you blew your wad at riddle.

ALPA does go to Air Inc fairs and Riddle career days. One problem, however, is staffing the booth for every event. ALPA staffers usually don't have the time and pilot volunteers are hard to come by. If you're an ALPA pilot and would like to get involved in these sorts of things, then please PM me and I'll get you in touch with the right people in Herndon so you can work the booth and educate our future pilots.

Latest resources

Back