Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry-Riddle and G O Jet, Stop the bleeding.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AuburnRedneck9

Let's try to keep our school from letting their students make a huge career mistake. If you're alumni, please take the time to call someone at the campus and put a stop to that airline and everything that they stand for.

Greetings Eagles!

Professor Ray B........... just received this email from one of his Alumni:

I am still in ground school for GoJet Airlines. We operate as United Express. I just got word today that we have at least 5 new CRJ 700s on the way from the factory. Our HR was also just informed that we need more crews to staff these planes asap. If there is anyone that you know who would be a good candidate please pass the word on. The application/contact info is on our website... www.gojetairlines.com I have heard that a 400 hr pilot got an interview the other day. I think that 500-1000hrs would be competitive. Also mentioning your Autopilots/FMS class is very helpful. I think that this is what helped get me the job. Take care.

Check out the link and see what it has to say! Happy Hunting,

Career Services Office
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
800 888 ERAU

/ http://www.erau.edu

Mark your calendar to attend Embry-Riddle's Career Expos
October, 19, 2006, Prescott, AZ
October 25 & 26, 2006, Daytona Beach, FL

Let's try to keep our school from letting their students make a huge career mistake. If you're alumni, please take the time to call someone at the campus and put a stop to that airline and everything that they stand for.

Two words: ARF! ARF! Placing puppies is Riddle's lifeblood-you don't actually think they give a rip about the "good home" part, do you?

Two words: ARF! ARF! Placing puppies is Riddle's lifeblood-you don't actually think they give a rip about the "good home" part, do you?

I don't disagree with you, I did go there and I feel that all of us who have graduated owe at least one phone call to them, NOT to support the G O Jet operation, or in a practical sense make them aware of what will happen if their students do go there ( ie a blacklist ).

In response to they not caring, I agree with you that the institution itself could careless about the implications of operations such as G o Jets. However to an extent, we are the alumni, and we need to do what the last generation has failed to do: educate our young. The culture of this business over the past two decades are such that we are not doing a good job of educating our young on the practical and to some extents the dirty games that exist in this business. The standards of living, compensation and managements dirty tricks will continue as long as we let it and one of the best long terms solutions is to educate those that follow us by five and ten years so that they don't make the mistakes that are perpetrated by sheer ignorance. If we stand there and say let them figure it out then we're just helping management teams everywhere do what they have been doing, taking advantage of new and uninformed pilots.

If we're going to all stand united against G O Jets and the next carrier (there will be one) that comes after it then I submit that we start but quashing situations like the one at hand.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you, I did go there and I feel that all of us who have graduated owe at least one phone call to them, NOT to support the G O Jet operation, or in a practical sense make them aware of what will happen if their students do go there ( ie a blacklist ).

In response to they not caring, I agree with you that the institution itself could careless about the implications of operations such as G o Jets. However to an extent, we are the alumni, and we need to do what the last generation has failed to do: educate our young. The culture of this business over the past two decades are such that we are not doing a good job of educating our young on the practical and to some extents the dirty games that exist in this business. The standards of living, compensation and managements dirty tricks will continue as long as we let it and one of the best long terms solutions is to educate those that follow us by five and ten years so that they don't make the mistakes that are perpetrated by sheer ignorance. If we stand there and say let them figure it out then we're just helping management teams everywhere do what they have been doing, taking advantage of new and uninformed pilots.

If we're going to all stand united against G O Jets and the next carrier (there will be one) that comes after it then I submit that we start but quashing situations like the one at hand.

I don’t want to be a spelling/grammar jerk, but you might want to read what you write before you post. It’s not very readable and takes away from what I think is an important argument.

Greetings Eagles!

Professor Ray B........... just received this email from one of his Alumni:

I am still in ground school for GoJet Airlines. We operate as United Express. I just got word today that we have at least 5 new CRJ 700s on the way from the factory. Our HR was also just informed that we need more crews to staff these planes asap. If there is anyone that you know who would be a good candidate please pass the word on. The application/contact info is on our website... www.gojetairlines.com I have heard that a 400 hr pilot got an interview the other day. I think that 500-1000hrs would be competitive. Also mentioning your Autopilots/FMS class is very helpful. I think that this is what helped get me the job. Take care.

Check out the link and see what it has to say! Happy Hunting,

Career Services Office
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
800 888 ERAU

/ http://www.erau.edu

Mark your calendar to attend Embry-Riddle's Career Expos
October, 19, 2006, Prescott, AZ
October 25 & 26, 2006, Daytona Beach, FL

While you are at it, you should try to stop people from going to Auburn also.

While you are at it, you should also stop people from going to Georgia all together. Friends dont let friends go to Auburn.

Unless you went to UT-Austin, there are far more hot women at Auburn than at ___________ (where you went to school).

Latest resources

Back