Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry-Riddle and G O Jet, Stop the bleeding.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
through an alumni effort I had heard that Go-jets was not allowed to go to UND for recruiting. Maybe they can get Embry guys to do the same.

Subject: Promoting GoJets jobs at ERAU
Date: September 23, 2006 10:19:11 AM EDT
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

I am writing this email because I have recently learned the career services office has sent an email to students about prospective pilots jobs with GoJets. I am concerned that you and the general student body at Embry-Riddle is unaware of the bad reputation GoJets has generated for itself, and could lead to a disappointing career move for the students at Embry-Riddle.

As an alumni, and current pilot with Atlantic Southeast Airlines, I would not dare accept a job with GoJets. The airline is an offshoot of TSA, created to undercut the current pay-scales and work rules already established at TSA. This is an alarming trend in our industry that is pitting regional carriers against one another to cut pilot pay in the interest of "cost savings." What people don't understand, is that as a graduate of such an expensive school as Embry-Riddle, it is almost impossible to pay back school loans, and make rent and car payments on the limited income we make as junior pilots.

What's worse about GoJets, is that the pilots who are now working for them have been labeled as "scabs" since they undercut their union brothers at TSA. There is a list with their names, and they will have a very tough time getting jobs at any other 121 air carrier. Please do some further research into this important matter. I'm sure your office wants to provide our students with quality job opportunities and not just any job out there. As long as people keep getting fed into these "cut throat" carriers seniority lists, the industry will continue to fade. When the incomes at the airlines is so low that people won't even consider flying as a career, Embry-Riddle's flight department will be hurting to attract students to invest a large sum of money on their flight education.

Regards,

That's what I sent them.

An alumni to anlumni: I have flown for the Best and my experience spans the globe, you guys take the cake. You obviously speak with forked tounge or your anger has clouded your judgement. Not one of you Gojet haters have made any worthy truths to your claims. The same old tired dialouge. If I am coming out of college and looking for a solid career move Gojet makes every sense. Where else could I go and have a seniority number less than a hundred with additional growth projected for the forseeable future. I HAVE BEEN IN THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE AT DAL for many years and with out a doubt GOJET pilots will be treated with the same respect as anyone else and there is no LEGAL reason not to if you get my drift.
Subject: Promoting GoJets jobs at ERAU
Date: September 23, 2006 10:19:11 AM EDT
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

I am writing this email because I have recently learned the career services office has sent an email to students about prospective pilots jobs with GoJets. I am concerned that you and the general student body at Embry-Riddle is unaware of the bad reputation GoJets has generated for itself, and could lead to a disappointing career move for the students at Embry-Riddle.

As an alumni, and current pilot with Atlantic Southeast Airlines, I would not dare accept a job with GoJets. The airline is an offshoot of TSA, created to undercut the current pay-scales and work rules already established at TSA. This is an alarming trend in our industry that is pitting regional carriers against one another to cut pilot pay in the interest of "cost savings." What people don't understand, is that as a graduate of such an expensive school as Embry-Riddle, it is almost impossible to pay back school loans, and make rent and car payments on the limited income we make as junior pilots.

What's worse about GoJets, is that the pilots who are now working for them have been labeled as "scabs" since they undercut their union brothers at TSA. There is a list with their names, and they will have a very tough time getting jobs at any other 121 air carrier. Please do some further research into this important matter. I'm sure your office wants to provide our students with quality job opportunities and not just any job out there. As long as people keep getting fed into these "cut throat" carriers seniority lists, the industry will continue to fade. When the incomes at the airlines is so low that people won't even consider flying as a career, Embry-Riddle's flight department will be hurting to attract students to invest a large sum of money on their flight education.

Regards,

That's what I sent them.

An alumni to anlumni:

That's almunus to alumnus. Glad to see that the quality of your education hasn't been an obstacle for you.

As long as pilots are involved in the hiring process, and they are to some extent formally or informally at virtually every airline I'm aware of, working for a scumbag outfit like GoJet has the potential to come back and bite someone in the ass. Most guys are smart enough to understand that these back-door types are a breed apart and not the sort they'd want to depend on at some point in the future-exactly why the corporate side of the hiring process welcomes these scum with open arms.

An alumni to anlumni: I have flown for the Best and my experience spans the globe, you guys take the cake. You obviously speak with forked tounge or your anger has clouded your judgement. Not one of you Gojet haters have made any worthy truths to your claims. The same old tired dialouge. If I am coming out of college and looking for a solid career move Gojet makes every sense. Where else could I go and have a seniority number less than a hundred with additional growth projected for the forseeable future. I HAVE BEEN IN THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE AT DAL for many years and with out a doubt GOJET pilots will be treated with the same respect as anyone else and there is no LEGAL reason not to if you get my drift.

Iron Man:

You are right, of course, but these self described junior airman think they know better.

The irony is that GJ pays better at the low end than some ALPA carriers. And, the Teamsters haven't even started to get a contract together.

Go figure!

The irony is that GJ pays better at the low end than some ALPA carriers. And, the Teamsters haven't even started to get a contract together.

Many, including myself, are still waiting to see a full payscale & workrules at GoJet...and we've asked many times for it.

From APC:
First Officer 1/2/3 year
AWAC 50 seat: 24/35/36
XJT 50 seat: 22/33/35
PCL 50 seat: 21/24/30
TSA 50 seat: 22/25/32
Eagle 50/70 seat: 24/32/34
CHQ 50/70 seat: 22/30/34
SKW 50/70 seat:19/35/36
Mesa 50/70 seat: 21/28/31
GoJet 70 seat: 23/25/34

GoJet beats only Mesa in 3rd year 70 seat FO pay, and is comparable to Eagle and Chautauqua. AWAC, Expressjet, & Skywest have higher 50 seat FO pay across the board...and TSA's 50 seat pay is within 5% of GoJet pay in all three years.

Captain 2/3/5 year
AWAC: 58/60/64
XJT: 60/62/66
PCL: 57/59/62
TSA: 57/59/62
Eagle 50: 61/63/67
Eagle 70: 64/66/70
RAH 50: 57/61/64
RAH 70: 60/64/68
Mesa 50: 54/55/59
Mesa 70: 57/58/62
Skywest 50/70: 58/60/63
GoJet 70: 58/60/64

Again, GoJet only beats Mesa in 70 seat rates. In third year pay, RAH (50/70), Eagle (50/70), & XJT (50) are higher, with comparable rates to AWAC (50) & SKW (50/70). GoJet is a single dollar higher than both PCL & TSA.

Keep in mind this is only rounded hourly rates, and does not include money gained by trip/duty rigs or work rules...like block or better or min day pay.

Yeah, that's much better pay at the low end...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maybe you grey eagles who have had such a great life are in a position to be magnanimous...especially since it doesn't affect you in any way. The reality is that the young folks who are most impacted by these kinds of operations are going to remember it all for a very long time. Someday we will be the decision makers.

I have the Freedom-A and an early Go-Jets list (I need an update actually). I will keep these forever, and reference them anytime I am in a position to influence jumpseat, hiring, or training decisions. Maybe I'm the only one?...or maybe not.

Picture this...a gojet alumni has landed his dream job at a top major, got through training and 11 months on line. Well now it's time for his probationary PC...he shows up as scheduled not realizing that the sim instructor conducting the PC was furloughed from TSA back in the day...and he still has the list...Ooops!

Latest resources

Back