Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry-Riddle and G O Jet, Stop the bleeding.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can call BS all you want, but here is your proof:

PSA Flight Levels – Special Edition
November 16, 2006 Edition

Flight Levels is e-mailed to you periodically by the PSA ALPA MEC and Communications Committee to bring you up to date on your union's activities and accomplishments.

GoJets has asked the company for a reciprocal jumpseat agreement. In the process, their pilot group circumvented our Jumpseat Committee and, therefore, we do not recognize this request. Furthermore, GoJets was formed as an alter-ego carrier to undermine the collective bargaining agreement Trans States (ALPA) pilots have worked so hard to protect. We are not mentioning this because GoJets pilots are non-ALPA (we carry many non-ALPA pilots on our jumpseats), but because they are anti-ALPA and their actions continue to harm fellow ALPA pilots.

For this reason we recommend that GoJets pilots not be offered the privilege of a free ride on PSA flights. This view is shared by jumpseat committees at US Airways at Piedmont, as well as the PSA MEC and other ALPA pilots groups.

Ok Looks real, But this is still not national ALPA's position. We all know that sometimes a local union will veer off on their own. Which does not make it right. I predict that even the PSA local ALPA will back away from this position in time.

I have never seen anything from ALPA directing pilots not to let GoJet pilots on the jumpseat. Where is this information? Really you need to at least try to be accurate with your information. But this is just a plain ole lie. Typical of the anti GoJet zealots.

The Pinnacle MEC has also issued several statements to the pilot group stating that GoJet pilots are not to be welcomed on our jumpseats. Many MECs have done the same.

Hi redbook, Tarzan, Paddlelhigh, CaptEtWes, etc.,
Thank you for your rendition of "the ignorant regional pilot" opera. You are a true blessing to your gene pool. PSA's MEC was very correct to reject the reciprocal jumpseat agreement if it did not go through them. For the record ALPA national does not have a no GJ jumpseat policy (I recommend, if you are truly adamant, you organize and demand ALPA national join your cause). In the future try not to be so sneaky about which ALPA you are talking about. There is a big difference. When you have an opportunity ask any TSA pilot why they did not transfer to GJ when the opportunity was presented to them (I understand there is still the opportunity for any TSA pilot to transfer when there are openings). Would it not have been better for them to transfer to GJ in large numbers, control the union, and the rest would be elementary. Whoever runs there MEC needs there head examined. Now a little advise for you career Regional pilots, I realize you are in a dead end job with working conditions not to die for, but until you make the decision to upgrade your thinking (not you anger) you are destined to remain where you are. Paddlehigh, it maybe too late for you. I think you are destined to join redbook as a emb-lifer. Here in HR we pride ourselves on weeding you people out. This is a major reason pilots were largely removed form the hiring process. Again I recommend you study your FAR's, AIM, and as much CRM information you can get your hands on. Last, but not least, any young pilot listening to these guys need to get advice somewhere else. These guys got axes to grind and are not functioning with full decks. You must always act in your own best interest (the American Way), not on the emotions of others. There are plenty of regionals hiring, choose wisely. Considerations include: working conditions, pay, equipment, seniority, maintenance, domicile. Emotions and fear are not on my list. Good luck !

I'm still waiting to see a copy of the tenative agreement GoJet supposedly reached not too long ago...

. You must always act in your own best interest (the American Way), not on the emotions of others. There are plenty of regionals hiring, choose wisely. Considerations include: working conditions, pay, equipment, seniority, maintenance, domicile. Emotions and fear are not on my list. Good luck !

Join an alter ego and you are only working in Hulas' best interest, not yours.

You will figure that out soon. Too late for you.

Hi redbook, Tarzan, Paddlelhigh, CaptEtWes, etc.,
Thank you for your rendition of "the ignorant regional pilot" opera. You are a true blessing to your gene pool. PSA's MEC was very correct to reject the reciprocal jumpseat agreement if it did not go through them. For the record ALPA national does not have a no GJ jumpseat policy (I recommend, if you are truly adamant, you organize and demand ALPA national join your cause). In the future try not to be so sneaky about which ALPA you are talking about. There is a big difference. When you have an opportunity ask any TSA pilot why they did not transfer to GJ when the opportunity was presented to them (I understand there is still the opportunity for any TSA pilot to transfer when there are openings). Would it not have been better for them to transfer to GJ in large numbers, control the union, and the rest would be elementary. Whoever runs there MEC needs there head examined. Now a little advise for you career Regional pilots, I realize you are in a dead end job with working conditions not to die for, but until you make the decision to upgrade your thinking (not you anger) you are destined to remain where you are. Paddlehigh, it maybe too late for you. I think you are destined to join redbook as a emb-lifer. Here in HR we pride ourselves on weeding you people out. This is a major reason pilots were largely removed form the hiring process. Again I recommend you study your FAR's, AIM, and as much CRM information you can get your hands on. Last, but not least, any young pilot listening to these guys need to get advice somewhere else. These guys got axes to grind and are not functioning with full decks. You must always act in your own best interest (the American Way), not on the emotions of others. There are plenty of regionals hiring, choose wisely. Considerations include: working conditions, pay, equipment, seniority, maintenance, domicile. Emotions and fear are not on my list. Good luck !

Nice rant, but hojet pilots suck and so does hojet "HR"

the end...

Great way to start a career and begin to repay $150,000 in debt... Join a "scab" airline and end your career there capped our at $70K/yr..

Heck, if anyone is stupid enough to do it, let them at it..

I have to beleive the kids at ERAU know about Hojets..many have brothers, sisters, Dads, etc. already in the industry. If the faculty at UND denied Hojets (all the way up in ND) then I can only hope that ERAU knows about the Scabbies.

Latest resources

Back