Eagle DFW CRJ CA/FO Vacancy Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet_Driver said:
A 'flobie' recently told me that he knew of 100 to 150 at sitting at home awaiting a class date...We're not done manning the trenches quite yet.

Not to worry, these flobies won't be on Eagle property for ever.
From the AEPilots page:

Question: FlowBacks (6-10-05) How many flowbacks are already at Eagle? If American dosen't furlough any more pilots what is the total number of AA pilots that could occupy Eagle jet Captain seats. Its seems the number of eligible flowbacks continues to increase even though AA isn't furloughing. Please provide some hard numbers.

Response: At this time we have just over 400 AA pilots flying with us. There are also approximately 75 still awaiting training slots. However, not all 75 of them will accept positions when offered

LAXSaabdude.

Last edited:
Does this mean you get a new seat lock if you displaced out of the CRJ to the ERJ and now will bid back the CRJ?

igneousy2 said:
Does this mean you get a new seat lock if you displaced out of the CRJ to the ERJ and now will bid back the CRJ?

asked and answered on the cool-aid page. it is viewed as a short term training event and thus no long term training seat lock.

Peter Bowler himself, who was on an airplane we flew the other day, stated that AMR is having a difficult time deciding whether or not to spend cash on new aircraft when they are losing cash right now. Some answers may come after the 20th when AMR announces their quarterly results. Word is the "p" word (profit) may be used.

Last edited:
Jet_Driver said:
A 'flobie' recently told me that he knew of 100 to 150 at sitting at home awaiting a class date. It must be a rough life. What I find fascinatig about this is that AA can shift its cost centers to Eagle therby showing its shareholders profitability changes for the better. Meanwhile, Eagle is losing money. Any wonder why? These flushbacks sit at home soaking up 15 year Captain pay for months whlie they wait for their class. We're not done manning the trenches quite yet.

Not to worry, these flobies won't be on Eagle property for ever.

i would imagine most "flobies" now are AA guys, not TWA, and thus are only "soaking up" 4 yr Cpt Pay sitting on their arses (what a great job imho).

CitationLover said:
i would imagine most "flobies" now are AA guys, not TWA, and thus are only "soaking up" 4 yr Cpt Pay sitting on their arses (what a great job imho).

I know in dfw on the emb that there are probably more TWA flowbacks than AA. Most of the TWA guys are holding hard lines, where the AA guys are mostly reserve and a lucky few are composite line holders.

CitationLover said:

I hate to correct you on this but unfortunately 4yr Cpt. pay would be a pipe dream for AMR. The TWA guys are getting full recognition of seniority for pay. That's right, TWA people who had 10 years at TWA, and 4 years at AA are getting 14 year Cpt. pay. They get 14 year 401(k) matching too. The only thing they don't get 14 year of is vacation. (feel free to correct me on this if you know otherwise). You're right, they do have a great gig. I think it is AMR's 'brilliant' way of shifting cost centers so that AA looks better for the shareholders. I can see the year end report now: "See, we reduced XX millions of $$ in payroll thus decreasing our expense ratios." Little do those shareholders know that Eagle is left holding the bag paying these shmucks while they sit at home and drink beer and have bbq soaking up 14 yr Capt. pay and adding ZERO productivity to AMR. AMR's situation is only marginally better by shifting "flow back" pilots to Eagle. The 14 year Eagle Capt. pay is cheaper than 14 year AA FO pay (maybe, I don't know). AMR is taking FULL advantage of Eagle's Flow policy for their financial gain. It is good for Eagle in good times, and good for AMR in bad times. It gives them a convienient place to stick their unwanted cling-on pilots when things aren't so good. The shareholders don't car about Eagle. We're the ba$stard child. And I ask you now, why is Eagle having such a hard time posting that "p word?" Kick out the flowbies, and you'll see that "p word" a lot more often.

Most "flobies" I've flown with are TWA.

J_D

Latest resources

Back