Eagle DFW CRJ CA/FO Vacancy Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I Hate Freight said:
Care to elaborate? Are you saying that is not going to happen when AA recalls? Of course it will!

The flushbacks will start going back to AA droves over the next 1-2 years. Couple that with 20 f/o's quitting per month and you're going to see a big push upward. Just wait for it. These are just cycles.

My friends at Eagle have been drinking this koolaid for years. It's very sad to watch a pilot group wrangle up this kind of hope and then be disappointed time and time again. I know the only way they can get themselves up out of bed and make it to work everyday is to keep some hope that things will eventually improve. Just remember, people at Eagle have been saying FOR YEARS that it will improve as soon as x,y or z happens. Unfortunately, x, y and z never come. Just don't want to see more of my friends at Eagle get hurt holding onto false hopes.

I Hate Freight said:
Care to elaborate? Are you saying that is not going to happen when AA recalls? Of course it will!

The flushbacks will start going back to AA droves over the next 1-2 years. Couple that with 20 f/o's quitting per month and you're going to see a big push upward. Just wait for it. These are just cycles.

Where are you getting this information? Eagle will not be recieving new aircraft anytime soon. Get comfortable in whatever seat you are in. Saabs are gone in the next couple of years. ATR's will probably be not too far behind. Even if AA recalled every single pilot tomorrow it would still take at least 1 year to train 400 captains. I was hired 11/99, CA upgrades on the september '01 bid were going to 10/99 hires, I would have probably upgraded in 10/'01 or 11/'01 at the latest. right now I would be sitting at 183 numbers away from turbo-prop ready-reserve captain and 600 numbers away from ready-reserve jet captain. If you figure that most of the turbo-props will be gone in the next 1-2 years, and they recall all 400 flush backs, then if you were hired in late 1999/early 2000 you are hanging on to the hopes of being a captain in 1-2 years at the earliest. If you weren't on the property on 9/11 I wouldn't be hoping for an upgrade anytime this decade.

Later

I think you are off just a bit. They have slowly been changing their minds about retiring the saabs in the next couple of years. In fact, they are parking some of the older saabs and replacing them with lower time airframes out of the parking lot in ABI. They have cancelled all saab retirements for this year and are keeping the fleet numbers the same. I don't know what they will do with the atr's when their time comes up, but I seriously doubt they will get rid of them and give up on the mia and sju flying! They can't replace the atr's with the jets, the jets won't work in that market. They could replace them with bigger jets or ejets, but that is a whole different argument!

Latest resources

Back