Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
Does anyone have a clue why a vacancy bid came out today at Eagle for 30 DFW CRJ CA/FO and no explanation. (not that I expect an explanation, I'm just wondering what this could mean) I thought all CRJs were being moved to ORD and eventually there would be no DFW based CRJ crews? Now this huge vacancy bid. Does this mean we're getting the 25 more CRJs or did the ORD thing just not pan out. Anybody know something that hasn't been widely circulated about this?

It was explained in an HI6. They decided not to move all of the planes. There will be 55 crews at each base.

hey jet_driver,

notice it said NOTHING about not backfilling ORD CRJ CA positions. i wonder if the 25 may be ordered soon. who knows? AMR certainly doesn't.
hopefully AMR will post a profit on the 20th.

CitationLover said:
hey jet_driver,

notice it said NOTHING about not backfilling ORD CRJ CA positions. i wonder if the 25 may be ordered soon. who knows? AMR certainly doesn't.

25?? what? dont think new airplanes in the future no $$.
More flushbacks+ more displacements=low morale!

ILStoMinimums said:
Any idea how many more flowbacks are goin gto Eagle still?

Good question. I keep hearing 70-100 more. We have about 500 here now. I sure wish someone in 'Eagle' management would step to the plate and say "enough!!", considering we only got 125 flowed through!

ILStoMinimums said:
Any idea how many more flowbacks are goin gto Eagle still?

A 'flobie' recently told me that he knew of 100 to 150 at sitting at home awaiting a class date. It must be a rough life. What I find fascinatig about this is that AA can shift its cost centers to Eagle therby showing its shareholders profitability changes for the better. Meanwhile, Eagle is losing money. Any wonder why? These flushbacks sit at home soaking up 15 year Captain pay for months whlie they wait for their class. We're not done manning the trenches quite yet.

Not to worry, these flobies won't be on Eagle property for ever.

CitationLover said:
hey jet_driver,

Somehow, I missed this on the HI6, but I caught it from the PDF file you get off www.aepilots.com check this out:

DUE TO SCHEDULE CHANGES DRIVEN BY MARKET COVERAGE REQUIREMENTS¶ AND CUSTOMER DEMAND, THERE WILL BE MORE CRJ FLYING AT DFW THAN¶ WAS PLANNED AT THE BEGINNING OF 2005 WHEN THE DFW CRJ PILOT¶ STATUS WAS ELIMINATED. THEREFORE, THE COMPANY HAS DECIDED¶ TO BASE CRJ PILOTS AGAIN AT DFW. THE CRJ FLYING WILL BE SPLIT¶ BETWEEN DFW AND ORD WITH APPROXIMATELY 55 CREWS AT EACH ¶ LOCATION

You know what this means? No new positions, no new airplanes, and all the guys who moved up from DFW will go right back. Therefore, if you are a junior ORD CRJ FO the reserve list will get shorter and your seniority will mean a little more. Hang in there Citation Lover, life is getting better in ORD.

jetexas said:
Good question. I keep hearing 70-100 more. We have about 500 here now. I sure wish someone in 'Eagle' management would step to the plate and say "enough!!", considering we only got 125 flowed through!

Eagle management?? You do realize they are AA employees right?

Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic. It would be nice if we did have our own management that stood up for us instead of doing whatever APA/AA wants them to do.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back