Duane Woerth rumor... YGTBSM!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok...that one's a Locke!

I'd have a serious crisis logging the Hobbes time in my book when I soloed. I wasn't sure if I'd flown it or not, and Dalai'ed around the FBO like Assisi in a Godel afterward in a funk... fretting over the landing gear, fearing I'd Bentham. But hey, I learned later that we pilots have a ton of other things to worry about and Confucius to no end.

I gotta Goethe heck outta here; my wife wants to Schopenhauer or two and I can't waste any more time.

CC Air comes to mind. He refused to sign the contract after it was ratified by the membership.

The CC Air TA was negotiated in violation of the ALPA Constitution & By-Laws and Admin Manual. The company was never able to demonstrate financial need for concessions, and ALPA policy requires that before concessions can even begin to be negotiated.

I'd have a serious crisis logging the Hobbes time in my book when I soloed. I wasn't sure if I'd flown it or not, and Dalai'ed around the FBO like Assisi in a Godel afterward in a funk... fretting over the landing gear, fearing I'd Bentham. But hey, I learned later that we pilots have a ton of other things to worry about and Confucius to no end.

I gotta Goethe heck outta here; my wife wants to Schopenhauer or two and I can't waste any more time.

Wha-choo talkin' bout, Lewis! Emerson funny problems.

Everybody Wang Ch'ung tonight!

Occam <--couldn't leave him out!

P.S. I know John Galt. John Galt was a friend of mine. You sir, are no John Galt.

The CC Air TA was negotiated in violation of the ALPA Constitution & By-Laws and Admin Manual. The company was never able to demonstrate financial need for concessions, and ALPA policy requires that before concessions can even begin to be negotiated.

Please tell me you're not serious...

Perhaps then you can explain why Duane signed Mesa's POS contract which was pretty friggin' concessionary.

Please tell me you're not serious...

Perhaps then you can explain why Duane signed Mesa's POS contract which was pretty friggin' concessionary.

Yep, dead serious. Mesa's contract may have been a POS, but it wasn't concessionary. Substandard? Yep, because they had to "buy" their scope language by giving up a lot of advancement in other areas to stop the Freedumb situation. Concessionary? Nope. The contract was definitely an improvement over their previous agreement. ALPA policy doesn't contain minimum standards that contracts have to achieve, but it does say that you can't engage in concessionary bargaining unless the airline has demonstrated financial need (usually through bankruptcy).

Look.. you can take a sh*t. You can polish it, shine it, spray it with a nice deodorant, justify it as a natural need, you can put a nice fancy little bow around it, etc. It's still sh*t.

Mesa's contract WAS concessionary.

Mesa's contract WAS concessionary.

Alright, what exactly was concessionary about Mesa's contract? Describe how Mesa's contract is inferior to their previous agreement.

Re: Duane Woerth rumor...YGTBSM!

Interesting that you should bring up ALPA policy. ALPA has a policy against alter ego airlines as well.

Is the fact that CC Air closed the doors a few months after Woerth refused
to sign this agreement (already ratified by the membership) an adequate
demonstration of a financial need?

Tell me again about the autonomy of the MEC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back