DL CRJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about taking it back?

Lets start by getting a single list with Compass. From there, the capture of the E170 flying is one (non ALPA) contract away.

Concur. The CPZ pilots would be ecstatic to have a number at the bottom of the DAL list. Does our MEC have the vision to protect and recapture this flying?

Why the non-ALPA barb?

Last edited:
The ignorance of most pilots view on scope amazes me. Reading this board most feel the E170 is a mainline airplane and somehow the Crj900 is not. Yet both seat 76 passengers and were designed for the same mission. The mentality is and always has been my airplane is bigger than yours so I somehow am more deserving of an easy way into Delta, United, ect.
So mainline pilots want the flying back, yet have never been willing as a group to do what it takes to get it back. Instead argue that a e170 is a mainline aircraft and a crj is not???? Well I hope mainline unions can recapture all the RJ flying. Oh yes one other questions, If you do somehow get that flying back, I hope you'll be smart enough to bring on large turboprops as well. I think you should read up on the Q400 and Atr72-600. Because I believe you won't have to worry about a crj900 or e? replacing your flying, these are the true threats to "your" regional flying...But I would be that much like in the 90's your ego's were bigger that a 50 seat RJ, this time around I'm sure they are way bigger than any turboprop....

I take your 900 and stick it on mainline. Fact is that due to its design it has some inherent issues. But that airplane is big enough to be over here too. The Fact is that the CRJ series was not built with mainline in mind. The E-series was as will the C-series.

Concur. The CPZ pilots would be ecstatic to have a number at the bottom of the DAL list. Does our MEC have the vision to protect and recapture this flying?

Question - Compass pilots were under the NWA MEC, what now? Are they also under the new larger DAL MEC?

The ignorance of most pilots view on scope amazes me. Reading this board most feel the E170 is a mainline airplane and somehow the Crj900 is not. Yet both seat 76 passengers and were designed for the same mission. The mentality is and always has been my airplane is bigger than yours so I somehow am more deserving of an easy way into Delta, United, ect.
So mainline pilots want the flying back, yet have never been willing as a group to do what it takes to get it back. Instead argue that a e170 is a mainline aircraft and a crj is not???? Well I hope mainline unions can recapture all the RJ flying. Oh yes one other questions, If you do somehow get that flying back, I hope you'll be smart enough to bring on large turboprops as well. I think you should read up on the Q400 and Atr72-600. Because I believe you won't have to worry about a crj900 or e? replacing your flying, these are the true threats to "your" regional flying...But I would be that much like in the 90's your ego's were bigger that a 50 seat RJ, this time around I'm sure they are way bigger than any turboprop....

If the aircraft says Delta on the side, it should be flown by Delta pilots. We should start with the larger EMB175s and CRJ900s and work our way down.

Last edited:
If the aircraft says Delta on the side, it should be flown by Delta pilots. We should start with the larger EMB175s and CRJ900s and work our way down.
Agreed, it should be flown, maintained, dispatched etc by DAL employees. Like it or not, the pax don't see the word 'connection'. They blame us for the things that go wrong anyway so let's bring the whole enchilada under our roof.

Question - Compass pilots were under the NWA MEC, what now? Are they also under the new larger DAL MEC?

Tell you what - Hell's gonna break loose if CPZ pilots get "stapled" onto any mainline list. There's no reason that a fuselage diameter difference between the CRJ9 and the E170 entitle anyone to anything. CPZ is still a regional, and anyone's chances of moving on to mainline should be strictly a result of seniority (via flow) or outside interview. I've heard a few nasty rumors of a few, very junior CPZ pilots with an extremely overinflated sense of entitlement to DAL mainline seats. I hope the rumors are not true.

MM

Tell you what - Hell's gonna break loose if CPZ pilots get "stapled" onto any mainline list. There's no reason that a fuselage diameter difference between the CRJ9 and the E170 entitle anyone to anything. CPZ is still a regional, and anyone's chances of moving on to mainline should be strictly a result of seniority (via flow) or outside interview. I've heard a few nasty rumors of a few, very junior CPZ pilots with an extremely overinflated sense of entitlement to DAL mainline seats. I hope the rumors are not true.

MM

How does that compare to other regionals with overinflated senses of entitlement to mainline seats?

It would have nothing to do with airplane size. It has to do with the fact that we share the same MEC. No other regional has that. Not even OH. That said. I am all for putting every DCI carrier on the mainline list. I do not see that as probable.
CPZ has a true shot. We share the same MEC and we have a established flow where we can take all of their seats to date. It truly has the best chance.

Now most regionals would not go along with being stapled to mainline. Too many 20 year guys that would want their seniority and go to the left seat of at 767. I heard it in 99 when DAL bought ASA. That would need to be worked out. Argue career expectations et al. DOH would never work to bring you on. What you would do at your level is a different sitiuation since in effect all RJ's pay about the same.

Latest resources

Back