divorce corner

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time will heal it all.....

I filed in early 2005 and it ended in Aug 2006. I think mine was much longer than normal but here it is in Jan I am back on my feet again. It took some time and a lot of sleepless nights but things do get better, I can promise you that. Good luck with it and PM me if you need anything. I will tell you this though, you will find out who your real friends are. I could not have gotten through it without them.

Just a joke:

"Why are divorces so expensive?"

"Because they're worth it..."

I am trying to avoid divorce at this very moment. Right now it seems like I have a better than 50-50 chance, but each day is a new challenge. Good luck.

Time does heal, as Longhorn put it. Some people just do not get along. Or one or the other is lacking. If you had your dream woman or man, would you or would you not spend your entire life with them?

There are many factors that break-up marriages, time away from home, money, bills, lack of sex for both partners, lack of daily touches, hug me, kiss me, scratch my back honey, "just hold me" type of issues.

And then there is a rampage, " I'm just going to do what I what to do attitude" and then this is what becomes devastating"

And then your are no longer interested in that boat that your husband has, you are tired of fishing, and just tired of the same old stuff he does, your husband stopped buying your flowers a long time ago.

You continually have to try new things as a partner to make it work! And you must compromise and contribute!

AIDS......... Aviation Induced Divorce Sendrome

I’m on the back side of mine now, together for 7 years, split in SEP. 2006. File DEC 2006. Turned out all she ever wanted was a green card and a flying job that I helped her get.

My flying job kept me on the road for sometime. So after the first month she told me that she didn’t need me any more. In the end she had hooked up with her 63 year old captain that’s 32 year older then her. Guess there happy flying charter together in BUF.

I never saw it coming.

But do hang in there and it will get better. The hardest part is trying to stop the VIDEO REPLAYS IN YOUR MIND………………

And the “what if`s” from morning to night. It is amazing how little sleep you get, how much weight you loose and still manage to work. Try not to drink to much because it doesn’t help.

Friends are the greatest help. I also found a site that really helped me.

http://www.divorcerecovery101.com/site_map.html

Remember this “the sun will come up tomorrow and you never know what the tide will bring in”.

Mine was 5 years ago next month.

After 21 years of marriage, my ex-wife decided she liked the 26 y/o guy who'd been remodeling our house for the prior 3 years.

I've been remarried for a couple of years now and couldn't be happier.

It was an interesting experience for me.

My ex-wife did me one helluva favor, but it took me awhile to realize that.

you have some good words... i do try to look at everything for the positive effects..

before, i wasnt able to get a flying job because i was busy supporting 'her' and being there for her..

but when *hit the fan i sent out my resume, got a few invitations, and now i got a good paying flying gig, and i couldn't be more happier...

we didnt have much time into it, so the rebuilding part isn't as much, some couples have been together for 5+ years, and that is when it can be a real nightmare..

I’m on the back side of mine now, together for 7 years, split in SEP. 2006. File DEC 2006. Turned out all she ever wanted was a green card and a flying job that I helped her get.

My flying job kept me on the road for sometime. So after the first month she told me that she didn’t need me any more. In the end she had hooked up with her 63 year old captain that’s 32 year older then her. Guess there happy flying charter together in BUF.

I never saw it coming.

But do hang in there and it will get better. The hardest part is trying to stop the VIDEO REPLAYS IN YOUR MIND………………

And the “what if`s” from morning to night. It is amazing how little sleep you get, how much weight you loose and still manage to work. Try not to drink to much because it doesn’t help.

Friends are the greatest help. I also found a site that really helped me.

http://www.divorcerecovery101.com/site_map.html

Remember this “the sun will come up tomorrow and you never know what the tide will bring in”.

Latest resources

Back