• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Didn't Get Delta Yet? Better Hurry..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even more lame, seriously you say that everytime you reply to my posts. i dont need a CFI lesson from the GL. How exactly do you know about the 145 FMS and how that will "haunt" me?:rolleyes: Oh and the "real mans airplane" comment has never been said by me so that must be one of your ego issues coming out again. I suggest you get over over inflated self worth, its actually pretty embarrassing.:erm:

Hey, if you don't want to take my advice, then fine. You really should though. The days of brainless navigation (via the FMS) are over. Before you do IOE, I am just suggesting that you look over the charts, SID/STARs, things that you haven't had to look at before. No screens to back you up can be a pain. Your situational awareness goes down the toilet. You are welcome.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Superpilot92 has no idea what he has in store for him. He got used to flying an advanced E145, and it probably made him lazy, like anyone flying an advanced FMS airplane. He will have a wakeup call, and it will be tough. (until he learns how to just ask for a heading)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Again another ego post from the moron known as GL. I have no idea whats in store for me?? I hate to break it to you toolbox, but i am just about done with training. Training wasn't tough bud, it was actually quite enjoyable thanks to the wonderful training department we have. Are you implying that everyone who flys an aircraft with a "gasp" FMS cant really fly? Does that include you? Get over yourself, your posts make me want to hurl:puke: . It may be "tough" for someone like yourself but not for me, thanks for your Concern though.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey, if you don't want to take my advice, then fine. You really should though. The days of brainless navigation (via the FMS) are over. Before you do IOE, I am just suggesting that you look over the charts, SID/STARs, things that you haven't had to look at before. No screens to back you up can be a pain. Your situational awareness goes down the toilet. You are welcome.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well you just proved to everyone that you think its tough to use charts or fly without an FMS. You may not use charts when you fly with an FMS but i assure you i do, even when flying a "brainless navigation" aircraft. After all that is my job is it not? Your Captains must love you :rolleyes:.

Well you just proved to everyone that you think its tough to use charts or fly without an FMS. You may not use charts when you fly with an FMS but i assure you i do, even when flying a "brainless navigation" aircraft. After all that is my job is it not? Your Captains must love you :rolleyes:.

You sound like a little kid. Why are you getting so worked up by General's joke? That DC9 is an old POS and nobody wants to fly it. I flew a Saab that was more advanced than that thing. The General knows that he can get under you skin and it obviously worked. Hey at least you're flying that POS at a great major airline.

You sound like a little kid. Why are you getting so worked up by General's joke? That DC9 is an old POS and nobody wants to fly it. I flew a Saab that was more advanced than that thing. The General knows that he can get under you skin and it obviously worked. Hey at least you're flying that POS at a great major airline.

Hardly worked up my friend, its all in good discussion, usually ;)

If this is true, I would rather see Delta go lean in the summer rather than furlough eventually. No need to see people leave current jobs, in hopes of greener pastures, only to be unemployed a short time later.

Good luck guys and gals.

I don't know why people view Delta's hiring slow down as a failure or something negative... In reality, it displays great management discipline - they are doing what's prudent in this economic climate. Do you blame them????? Delta has hired something like 800-1000 pilots in the last 1-2 years and that ain't bad... There is no need to waste resources when they are not necessary or when uncertainty exists.

Too sad that anything these days happen with DL, everybody would jump at the first chance to bash on this board, rather than have a healthy discussion.

Guys, lets give the monkey poo fight thing a rest.

Truth is, that all of our employers are going to have a challenging summer and junior guys at just about every carrier are going to have concerned conversations with spouses over the dinner table.

Good luck to all of us, regardless of what decisions were made hundreds of miles away in a boardroom, or over a phone line to a MEC Chairman.

Seems like DAL is pretty much close to what they said at the start of the year as far as hiring.. 400-500 hires projected..
Jan=70ish
Feb=70ish
Mar=100ish
Apr=70ish planned
May=70ish planned if 2 classes r run

So about 380 or so by close of march, not too much this summer as announced then hopefully the balance this fall...pretty close to what was expected..

Latest resources

Back