• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Didn't Get Delta Yet? Better Hurry..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every prior military dude knows you go to AF bases first. They have the best BOQs.

NOT MACDILL. I took a crew there for an Aero-med trainer and my LM and crew chief told me their rooms were hot, full of mildew, had no AC and had cans of bug spray on the counters for mosquitoes.

Keesler? One building is decent. The others are horrid.

The AF ain't what it used to be.

How many wheelchairs do you have to order from OPs inrange at RST? I think the most I ever had was 23 going from PBI to BOS once.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wheelchairs, not so much. The pre-op trannies on those flights are probably right up your alley though, General

Last edited:
... Hey Diesel9, how's your gate agent lady friend in NRT doing? Is she telling you that all Japanese people love 757 Captains, and that Northwest is still "Tokyo's favorite airline?" ...
Hey wait a minute! When we fly to Narita the ladies there tell us that we (UPS) are their favorite airline...

You mean women can lie? :eek:

This is what their initial plan was for the year. S few months ago they upped the number. They have gone back to the plan they had late last year.
Expect to see DAL open the window later this year again if things do not go to far south.
They are stopping hiring now. They prefer to be a little short for the summer than fat and have to furlough is things get really bad.
One the issue of A/C There are some 88 and 757's that are up for new leases. If they cannot get the least rates that they want the will dump them. Their are options to pick up other aircraft in the near future to replace them if need be.
There will be a slight reduction in fleet size, but it is not permanent.

Actually I think they are airframes that we own. We own just over 300 aircraft and lease 145. That was the last current count last month.
We're selling some of the first 75's and 88's we got. They are a wee bit high maintenance last I heard.

Don't forget the record number of attempts to land at MacDill AFB enroute to Tampa Int.
Surprised you opened this pandora's box:

On Saturday, June 19, Northwest Airlines flight 1152, an Airbus A319 en route from Minneapolis to Rapid City, S.D., carrying 117 passengers and five crew members, touched down smoothly just after noon. Trouble was, they weren't in Rapid City. They'd arrived at Ellsworth Air Force Base, a military airfield six miles from the Rapid City Regional Airport.
September 5, 1995 - A Northwest Airlines DC-10, bound for Frankfurt, Germany, mistakenly landed in Brussels, Belgium, approximately 200 miles off course.
2 :D :D Miles? At least they landed in the correct country, oh, yeah, right, um, well they hit Europe.

Last edited:
Here are some other favorites:
October 15, 1996 - A Nations Air 737, bound for Orlando, Florida, mistakenly lands at Sanford Airport. See "Airline's inaugural flight lands at wrong airport in Orlando," Tampa Tribune, October 16, 1996.
and
October 17, 1995 - An aircraft chartered on behalf of the White House press corps, bound for Kelly Air Force Base in Texas, mistakenly lands at San Antonio International Airport. See "Press plane lands at wrong airport," United Press International, October 17, 1995.
Try keeping that one quiet.

Surprised you opened this pandora's box:

2 :D :D Miles? At least they landed in the correct country, oh, yeah, right, um, well they hit Europe.
Yeah, but everyone knows that Delta stands for Don't Ever Land There Again. Not Wright Airport doesn't have the same ring to it..:D

jhomo is the same doosh posting here as jerk406!

Jmoney has waaaaaay too much time on his hands during his Valdosta overnights. But, they are a bit more "productive" than his Flint layovers. Man, I am jealous.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back