• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Didn't Get Delta Yet? Better Hurry..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good luck to ya, I'm on hold for at least 8 months, at least I get a shot at it as soon as they start again. Best of luck

It is official. Anyone with an interview after Friday will be put in a pool. All interviews after Friday are canceled. Those effected will get a letter in the mail. They should start showing today.
The letter states 8-10 months but I would expect a little sooner.

ERfly...

Starting to get a little bit nervous? So you will be the second or third to last Delta pilot to get hired in this round? Believe me, as a current Delta pilot, I would be glad to have you join the company and provide furlough fodder for me! But seriously, you have to ask yourself, are you going to leave your current situation to be at the bottom of a Legacy seniority list, with consolidation on the horizon? Think long and hard, ERfly, maybe you should just hang tight in your current situation for awhile!

Good luck,

Tanker1497

Starting to get a little bit nervous? So you will be the second or third to last Delta pilot to get hired in this round? Believe me, as a current Delta pilot, I would be glad to have you join the company and provide furlough fodder for me! But seriously, you have to ask yourself, are you going to leave your current situation to be at the bottom of a Legacy seniority list, with consolidation on the horizon? Think long and hard, ERfly, maybe you should just hang tight in your current situation for awhile!

Good luck,

Tanker1497

At the moment, might be good advice. All depends on your personal situation. Married? Kids? In debt? Financially secure?

Congrats on the job. Delta is a great place to work. However, is taking the job and facing a potentially long period of unemployment worth giving up the paycheck you currently have "in hand"???

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

How long is the pool date good for? Guys at UAL are being told that their pool date is good for only one year after the interview. With the way they're parking jets, looks like they won't be in class within a year. I assume with oil the way it is, a Delta poolie can plan on a year plus these days. And that's before any furloughs go down.

Don't know if anyone saw this, but the USA Today yesterday ran an article about oil and the airlines. They said at $110/bbl, Delta will be almost $600 million in the red for '08.

One I never believe anything that paper states. Two that does not include the almost 100 dollars worth of fare increases that have stuck in the last six months.

Also best guess is that due to the fact that 64 or so recalls have accepted for the last three classes, there will be fewer new hires than 100 coming on property.

Good luck,

Tanker1497

I agree, and it looks as though he will have quite a few months to decide on whats best for himself/family.

Latest resources

Back