• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Didn't Get Delta Yet? Better Hurry..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got tired of skimming the BS tossing matches in 5 pages. Apologize in advance if it has already been asked...

Delta has been looking to merge [with anyone?] since emergence from the first BC bout. Would it not be presumptuous to believe a convenient return to the BC filing process would enable a successful 'acquisition' from another legacy and permit circumventing issues like merging of Seniority Lists? If my memory serves, Top dogs hired to reorganize from the first trip would stand significant bonuses if they should gain respectable prices for shareholders in the event of acquisition irrespective of pre/post/return BC.

100-1/2

Got tired of skimming the BS tossing matches in 5 pages. Apologize in advance if it has already been asked...

Delta has been looking to merge [with anyone?] since emergence from the first BC bout. Would it not be presumptuous to believe a convenient return to the BC filing process would enable a successful 'acquisition' from another legacy and permit circumventing issues like merging of Seniority Lists? If my memory serves, Top dogs hired to reorganize from the first trip would stand significant bonuses if they should gain respectable prices for shareholders in the event of acquisition irrespective of pre/post/return BC.

100-1/2

Not sure how much if any sense any of that makes. Managers will make their money with a merger, BK or not. Either way they will get paid. There is no need to declare BK just to merge seniority lists. Management could merge with anyone at any time. Delta's management has said they would prefer to have their pilots agree on how to do it, because they don't want a torqued off pilot group ala USAir East/West division. Declaring BK just to do it without a pilot agreement would have the same result as doing it outside of BK. There is no way to "circumvent" issues like merging seniority lists. That will happen either way, so not really sure where you're going with any of your questions.

Not sure if your post was an attempt at flame, because it made very little (if any) sense. If it was, PM instructordude or tankerclown, they can school you on proper flaming technique. :nuts:

Now THAT is funny!:laugh:
We do kill alot of trees with all the paperwork!:nuts:

Aw, I've come quite fond of the 8 foot AWABS printout prior to departure where we actually use about 4 lines of it :)

Back on topic, its official, May 5th is the last class for 8-10 months. Last interview this week, keep on waiting.

Katherine Lee ... mmmm.

She and the marketing guy were on Fox either yesterday or today. GO online and check out the interview. She is better looking in the interview, IMO.
They stress that she's single too....I am sure that means some hi-roller will come along, marry her and she'll quit. But with the looks of the new ones in the training center...there will still be much eye candy to behold.

Back on topic, its official, May 5th is the last class for 8-10 months. Last interview this week, keep on waiting.

Do you know when this week the last interview will be? I'm scheduled in on Thursday.

it said the 28th, so you are probably good

Thanks. I was starting to get a little nervous there, not that I'm not nervous already. I appreciate, though. Looking forward to the whole process and hopefully joining the team.

Latest resources

Back