• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's ANC base done in DEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL is focusing on under wing cargo. We will have the option to convert the 744's to freighters down the road, but for now we are happy with how our new cargo venture is working.

Are not the 74-200 flying Mil charter for the next 12 months?

That will fit in with closing down the 747-200 in Dec from what I am told. I am also speaking about the ANC base and the freighters. The two pax planes in MSP may go a bit longer but it's not for sure. I think the ultimate intent is to have it done before SOC.

Last edited:
I think the ultimate intent is to have it done before SOC.

DAL won't spend the money putting 747-200s on the certificate, so the 747-200 operation should close down prior to SOC. The freight operation is losing boot loads of money.

In general, the 747's time has come and gone, the 400 will stay a little longer.

This is probably just incidental, but I've also heard rumor that Alaska will be starting an ANC-MSP route. I guess that would fit in with the plans to close the base.

Sorry, guys. Good luck.

DAL won't spend the money putting 747-200s on the certificate, so the 747-200 operation should close down prior to SOC. The freight operation is losing boot loads of money.

In general, the 747's time has come and gone, the 400 will stay a little longer.

The base may be closing in DEC, not so sure the 742 - if there are contracts to be flown that make money it will keep flying, but perhaps based elsewhere. Regardless the acft will not disappear until post SOC so they can absorb the ~150 pilots left across a larger fleet so as to minimize staffing impact....

They'll get their ANC base back when the AS/DL merger goes through.

The base may be closing in DEC, not so sure the 742 - if there are contracts to be flown that make money it will keep flying, but perhaps based elsewhere. Regardless the acft will not disappear until post SOC so they can absorb the ~150 pilots left across a larger fleet so as to minimize staffing impact....

If a displacement happens prior to SOC, then FNWA pilots will be affected. There would likely be a displacement bid well before the actual base closing. If any 742s do remain, my guess would be they would be a part of the MSP 742 base, flying those MAC contracts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back