• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's ANC base done in DEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's official, management had an impromptu town hall meeting in AK this week and ANC is done in Dec.

That does suk. I was told by an FAA type last week that DL was maybe reconsidering that move.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just spoke with the Chief pilot today and that was the latest. If there is a chance I will hold onto it like a kid with a lollipop from the fair but this news makes my grip weak.

The writing on the wall comes in the form of manuals. All the fleet departments are busting tail to transition the manuals to the Delta format and there is not a peep in the 747-200 department about it. I think that says it all.

Last edited:
Looks like the writing is on the wall. When is the bad news going to start going out to the junior guys. My buddy is a very junior Delta guy. He says he thinks he'll be on the street by the end of the year.

Furloughs are coming but not until after the SOC.

At the very least, it would be nice to ALPA renegotiate pay rates on the EMB175 to give Delta pilots credit for longevity. The pay difference for Capt. on the EMB175 is significant, from $60/hr to around 80/hr for those who have 8-10 years.

Just spoke with the Chief pilot today and that was the latest. If there is a chance I will hold onto it like a kid with a lollipop from the fair but this news makes my grip weak.

The writing on the wall comes in the form of manuals. All the fleet departments are busting tail to transition the manuals to the Delta format and there is not a peep in the 747-200 department about it. I think that says it all.

Are not the 74-200 flying Mil charter for the next 12 months?

From what I'm hearing, Furloughs are pretty much a certainty at the Big D. A new round of airline Ch 11 filings are about to start as well. Good luck guys.

Latest resources

Back