Delta's ANC base done in DEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last NW APA is August 09.
Well there you go then. If they have to displace 747-200 pilots out of the position in December then it will be done on the NWA side if SOC does not happen until 12/31/09. If they need any 747-200 flying in December they will have to leave pilots in the positions, who would then not be displaced until Jan 2010 at the earliest. If that is after SOC then those pilots can displace into any DAL seat they can hold except 777.

Well there you go then. If they have to displace 747-200 pilots out of the position in December then it will be done on the NWA side if SOC does not happen until 12/31/09. If they need any 747-200 flying in December they will have to leave pilots in the positions, who would then not be displaced until Jan 2010 at the earliest. If that is after SOC then those pilots can displace into any DAL seat they can hold except 777.

Don't you guys have two 747-200 bases, one in Anchorage and one in MSP? Could they leave the smaller one for the 747-200 passenger MAC services, and close the larger one in Anchorage? How many are based at each base?

Don't you guys have two 747-200 bases, one in Anchorage and one in MSP? Could they leave the smaller one for the 747-200 passenger MAC services, and close the larger one in Anchorage? How many are based at each base?

The 200 is not going to be around past SOC. The plane will be here until 12/31 or SOC, whichever comes first. They are not going to transer the 200 to the DAL certificate, they are re-writing all of our manuals, except for the 200.

The 200 is not going to be around past SOC. The plane will be here until 12/31 or SOC, whichever comes first. They are not going to transer the 200 to the DAL certificate, they are re-writing all of our manuals, except for the 200.

Yep, that is what I am hearing too.

I love the 200. If it's up to me I'll take the last one to the desert. Once we park I would probably have to take a dump in the toilet just to sign off on my best flying gig thus far. Seems like the right thing to do.

If a displacement happens prior to SOC, then FNWA pilots will be affected. There would likely be a displacement bid well before the actual base closing. If any 742s do remain, my guess would be they would be a part of the MSP 742 base, flying those MAC contracts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry to disappoint General, I know how much you would be disappointed if "just" NWA guys would be affected by the parking of aircraft. The last NWA APA (placement award) will be in August and then the next one will be after the combined SOC. (per a memo from the joint transition team) NWA is approx 200 short for summer and 250-400 short for the trip rig transition. 180 or so ANC guys will not cause any furloughs from the "NWA" side.

RA knows that this would cause HUGE animosity, thus the pain will be shared, guaranteed.

Add on the fact that the A330 fleet guys are saying we may see 10 more quickly.......

The last NWA APA (placement award) will be in August and then the next one will be after the combined SOC. (per a memo from the joint transition team) NWA is approx 200 short for summer and 250-400 short for the trip rig transition.

Add on the fact that the A330 fleet guys are saying we may see 10 more quickly.......

This is ALL good news, No?

Latest resources

Back