• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Uniform Opinion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever the NWA guys get is a heck a lot more than we got when we were hired at DELTA, 0$. I guess all of us, DAL pilots, should put a claim to payroll, to make sure we are treated the same as our "counterparts". But again, that is not how it works, those poor guys are getting so screw, and they are taking such a hit, medical and all, and of course the payraise really is no all that.....

Jetjockey,

Why are you taking it so personally that you guys were able to raise the bar for us. Are you the type of guy that revels in other people's misery?

By far, I would say the general consensus is that NWA pilots understand the uniform change and will do whatever the rules state. If a 747 guy in NRT wants to buck the system, let them at it. I would love to see a DAL guy (retired or not) put them on an unpaid vacation. A little dose of reality for them would be good.

I am grateful for the $400 uniform allowance. I will wear it properly because that is what I am paid to do. Anyone who doesn't isn't being very professional , but then again I guess it just doesn't matter to a lot of people these days.

Whatever the NWA guys get is a heck a lot more than we got when we were hired at DELTA, 0$. I guess all of us, DAL pilots, should put a claim to payroll, to make sure we are treated the same as our "counterparts". But again, that is not how it works, those poor guys are getting so screw, and they are taking such a hit, medical and all, and of course the payraise really is no all that.....

LOL....maybe all the NWA guys should submit a claim for $350 for our jackets that were made useless. It sucks enough going back to the flasher coat, but having to pay for it adds insult to injury.

FBM is right... Any retired do-gooder is going to get laughed right off the airport at any NWA hub...

Nu

Whatever the NWA guys get is a heck a lot more than we got when we were hired at DELTA, 0$.

Don't post drunk!

We get $400 because we had "change of uniform" language in our contract (Section 26). We got $0 for our NWA uniforms...just like you got $0 for your Delta uniform. Since we are being made to change the uniform we bought (with $0 compensation), we're getting reimbursed for a portion of it.

But again, that is not how it works, those poor guys are getting so screw, and they are taking such a hit, medical and all, and of course the payraise really is no all that.....

Will I get in trouble at Delta if I speak and write in complete, coherent sentences?

FBM is right... Any retired do-gooder is going to get laughed right off the airport at any NWA hub...
Nu

I wonder if they will be laughing at the unemployment office? The 4th floor (delta speak for flight ops management) takes the uniform seriously and I would not put it past them to make examples out of a few guys to prove a point. Occam is right wear the uniform properly while fighting battles that really matter.

Will I get in trouble at Delta if I speak and write in complete, coherent sentences?

I know of at least one delta captain who got called into the VP of Flight Ops office for doing just that. It seems that Mr. Bastian did not appreciate the criticism of his performance.

Delta has the APU Sheriff program. Usually a retired Delta guys that walks around the ramp to make sure your APU is not running until 5 min prior to departure (policy is different in the summer). These guys wear vests and hats that say APU SHERIFF. It is hilarious

Maybe hilarious but it's saved us over 34 million at last count. We might not break a profit for 08' but my guess is in 09' 12,000 of us will be laughing all the way to the bank with our bonus $$, of which some will come from APU savings.

The APU Sheriff program is a good thing. It does save the company money. What is funny about it is the hat with a badge on it that says APU Sheriff.

The APU Sheriff program is a good thing. It does save the company money. What is funny about it is the hat with a badge on it that says APU Sheriff.

And what, exactly, does the Sheriff do if he catches you red-handed with that APU running, say, 8 minutes before departure? Is it off to the pokey with you or does he just issue a citation??

How big of a loser does one have to be to spend his golden years prowling the flight line for "violaters" rather than enjoying his retirement??

And what, exactly, does the Sheriff do if he catches you red-handed with that APU running, say, 8 minutes before departure? Is it off to the pokey with you or does he just issue a citation??

How big of a loser does one have to be to spend his golden years prowling the flight line for "violaters" rather than enjoying his retirement??

It's ugly. Left it on after arrival, heard some sirens, saw flashing lights and the next thing I knew I was sitting in a special "shame circle" painted on the ramp wearing my hat backwards for 15 minutes.

I think they just look for airplanes with APUs running and no crew around, hook up power and air if need be and shut off the APU.

Latest resources

Back