Delta Uniform Opinion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

I'd just wear what you want. It's going to be such a cluster for the first couple of years, no one is going have time to be uniform cops.Nu

Except for some of the ATL M88 check airmen. I like how they always say, "I don't care, but someone might tell you those shoes are not in compliance with the uniform policy."

For those of those of you who are worried about the uniform police- just try to conform close to what the FOM says. I had an F/O show up for work about a year ago in cowboy boots and a guitar strapped to his back. He flew just about as good- he thought that a vertical speed descent at 1000 fpm would work when the descent page kept on climbing as to what was required. he was basically worthless-I thought he must have been a company plant to see if I would do anything.

Heyas,

I'd just wear what you want. It's going to be such a cluster for the first couple of years, no one is going have time to be uniform cops.

Anyone so wrapped up in themselves to be a self appointed tool, especially before SOC will no doubt have the legitamacy of their birth called into question.

Nu

Boy I wish you were right but you'll find out the hard way. It's sad but true.

I would recommend Abbotts. Uniforms are excellent quality and they do a great job of tailoring the pants, shirts, and jacket.

After the merger, I'd like to see some ATL check-airman wannabe type come over to Narita and play uniform cop. Good luck with that one!!!

Last edited:
If you have access to the Navy Exchange you'll find a range of prices starting at 220 for the jacket. Pants that match can often be found on sale for 40 dollars. The Navy has a more expensive premium brand made by Brooks Brothers, I believe.

After the merger, I'd like to see some ATL check-airman wannabe type come over to Narita and play uniform cop. Good luck with that one!!!

Unless I miss my guess that is exactly what will happen. I have a feeling that they will want to make a point. Although it will not be a LCA it will be an Assistant Chief Pilot. After the first several guys get an unpaid vacation for not wearing the uniform properly I bet the problem goes away. Do you really think we like wearing our hats? I hope I am wrong. I would love to see our uniform policy change to match yours…but I am not hopefully. The funniest thing is the guys that enforce the policy rarely wear the damn thing.

Delta has the APU Sheriff program. Usually a retired Delta guys that walks around the ramp to make sure your APU is not running until 5 min prior to departure (policy is different in the summer). These guys wear vests and hats that say APU SHERIFF. It is hilarious.

I guarantee they will have Uniform Police program. Retired guys will jump at the chance to tell guys how to look the Delta part. Especially a free trip to NRT.

I don't know why guys get all bent out of shape about the uniform policy. If you were asked in your new-hire interview to wear the hat, laced shoes, clean shirt, no Docker pants etc, etc you would have said "YES SIR."

Be happy you have a uniform policy. You could work in corporate world and have to wear a different suit each day.

I don't mind the uniform, but the hat needs to go. It also sucks that the NWA pilots are only getting $400 to buy an $800 uniform.

Whatever the NWA guys get is a heck a lot more than we got when we were hired at DELTA, 0$. I guess all of us, DAL pilots, should put a claim to payroll, to make sure we are treated the same as our "counterparts". But again, that is not how it works, those poor guys are getting so screw, and they are taking such a hit, medical and all, and of course the payraise really is no all that.....

Latest resources

Back