• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buy the correct uniform.

Wear it correctly.

Worry about bigger issues.

Heyas Occam,

Not to worry...I was in DTW going to the store to get my commemorative cofffee mug, and the uniform guy practically grabbed be out of the hall. All ordered up...and even with the extra stuff, I only had to cough up $100. My other stuff was worn out anyway.

But the tape measure was broken...kept reading high for some reason...

Nu

Nu

I am afraid that mine will be too. Same amount of fabric, just shorter length and more in the waist.

Who did you go with, StopOver?

I checked out all but M&H and I must agree it appears Abbotts is the best quality and the only uniform made in AMERICA!!!! Every other one is made in CHINA...I can assure you I am going to buy USA when ever possible.

Abbotts it is!

Thank you for the advice.

Not to worry...I was in DTW going to the store to get my commemorative cofffee mug, and the uniform guy practically grabbed be out of the hall. All ordered up...and even with the extra stuff, I only had to cough up $100. My other stuff was worn out anyway.

Sounds like a deal. Did you order any shirts with the gusseted holes? I'm gonna go with my M&H shirts. They land well.

Good one! My hat can be smaller.

(sigh)

Call me for gouge.

Gush!

Just get reinforcement fabric (iron on) and put it wear the wings will go. Works like a champ. (to avoid new shirts or the eyelet holes)

I just ran that by She Who Must Be Obeyed, who responded with, "Duh!"

Occam <heart> nwaredtail!

:beer:

I am afraid that mine will be too. Same amount of fabric, just shorter length and more in the waist.

Who did you go with, StopOver?

Heyas 123,

I went with Abbotts. Between the quality and the fact that they are made in the USA, it was a no brainer.

No shirts though...since I have a fairly slim build, nothing fits right...not even in the ball park. I wind up getting tailored shirts.

Nu

When you get the fitting from Abbotts are they requiring you to buy everything at once? What I mean is can you buy the jacket, 2 pants, epaulets, tie and NOT the hat. I want to buy one from Premier Hats and not the Superior brand. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back