• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you know how much a CR9 or a CRJ1000 costs new? Four times what a used 717 costs. RA wants to bring the debt down to $10 billion by the end of next year so Delta can save $500 million per year in interest on the debt. That is why we are buying MD90s for $8 million each including the engines, and used 717s from Southwest. The only big order we have made so far lately was for the 100 737-900ERs, and I bet Boeing gave a great deal thanks to the 787 delays. When it comes down to it, mainline flying CR9s or CRJ1000s is way too expensive. We can't create a mainline RJ operation that costs less than the current whipsaw over at the regionals. Instead, we are using ratios that will ensure Mainline gaining ground over something that was impossible 5 years ago. 150 50 seat RJs have to go away within a couple years. That plus a 19% wage increase in 3 years, plus many improvements throughout our terrible BK contract makes me lean a lot towards YES. Read the material from the union, go to a roadshow like I will. Get informed, and remember, going back for more doesn't always work. (ask the Airtran guys) It might work, but it might not, in a big way.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My point is that if the company is going to buy 70 new crj900s anyways, the crj1000 probably only costs a little more and has lower seat mile costs. Those lower seat mile costs could partially cover the higher pilot costs. The C series would have even lower seat mile costs.

Unfortunately the TA passes. Congrats to dal mgmnt for building the perfect ta and appealing to nearly every pilots needs for fleet seat and seniority. It has gets for near everyone! My prediction 70/30. Book it

I know there are many Delta pilots who think AS is flying a bunch of Delta passengers around but the truth is on AS flights with a Delta code Delta is selling 4.5 percent of those seats the largest number is sold between SEA-MSP AND SEA-ATL where the number is almost 17 percent.

This TA will not pass..........
SCOPE needs to be airtight.
PAY needs to go up.

Some parts of the TA is good but the most important part - not strong enough IMO.

Unfortunately it will. I was shocked while passing through NY how excited everyone was about it. Stunned is all I can say.

Scope is heading in the right direction with this TA. No question about it. Not a homerun, but a significant still in the right direction

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

IMO- all brand specific aircraft ought to be flown by the pilots of that brand-

But everyone has their line.

Do me a favor, will you?

Stand out in the terminal and ask passengers -

Watch a -900 taxi by a dc-9 and ask if they can tell which aircraft is a mainline aircraft and which is a "regional" (what's their "region"? North America??)

I've done this, most of the time they will assume the -900 is.

No one ever should have let a -900 off the propert.

You're compromising your compromise. You've given enough. You've hurt enough. Delta is the strongest legacy, at a time when fuel, profits, and the economy are helping you take back flying. Take a stand and fly that thing yourself. This is so basic it's incredible.

You have Stockholm syndrome.

IMO- all brand specific aircraft ought to be flown by the pilots of that brand-

But everyone has their line.

Do me a favor, will you?

Stand out in the terminal and ask passengers -

Watch a -900 taxi by a dc-9 and ask if they can tell which aircraft is a mainline aircraft and which is a "regional" (what's their "region"? North America??)

I've done this, most of the time they will assume the -900 is.

No one ever should have let a -900 off the propert.

You're compromising your compromise. You've given enough. You've hurt enough. Delta is the strongest legacy, at a time when fuel, profits, and the economy are helping you take back flying. Take a stand and fly that thing yourself. This is so basic it's incredible.

You have Stockholm syndrome.

So you're telling me, you're not will to take small steps back towards scope recapture, you want it all right here right now?

If it was all up to you, and you're sitting at the table to Delta, what are your minimum contract goals and how exactly will you negotiate for it?

So you're telling me, you're not will to take small steps back towards scope recapture, you want it all right here right now?

If it was all up to you, and you're sitting at the table to Delta, what are your minimum contract goals and how exactly will you negotiate for it?

I'm saying this is a GREAT point in time to get one version of the RJ to mainline, and once you do, you'll have flipped the script and put the camel's nose in their tent.

The answer is not by guaranteeing more -900's go to DCI.

I'm all for incremental- id be thrilled if DCI kept flying the -900's they are currently flying and DALPA flew the new ones.
The camel would be pressing and sniffing inside with that.

I'm saying this is a GREAT point in time to get one version of the RJ to mainline, and once you do, you'll have flipped the script and put the camel's nose in their tent.

The answer is not by guaranteeing more -900's go to DCI.

I'm all for incremental- id be thrilled if DCI kept flying the -900's they are currently flying and DALPA flew the new ones.
The camel would be pressing and sniffing inside with that.

And if management tells you no way in hell(which they will) will you fly the new 900s while there are DCI contracts on the current 900s for 10 more years how will you counter?

Wait, you're saying DCI has a contractual right to those NEW airplanes??

Wait, you're saying DCI has a contractual right to those NEW airplanes??

No, I think he's telling you that there is no way in hell that management will ever agree to make a business decision as stupid as operating CR9s at mainline at a loss while they still have the original CR9s outsourced to the DCI carriers where it's being done at a small profit.

Latest resources

Back