• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't seem to understand the downward pressure on wages outsourcing places on our profession.

What would you say if management said there "is no way in hell we'll pay you more than a $100k". ?

You say to go hell too and stick to your line in the sand.

Again, Stockholm syndrome.

50 seaters are going away economically, and mgmt has framed you guys giving up more -900's as doing you a favor.

Kind of like when the kidnapper decides NOT to kill you after having the gun to your head

You don't seem to understand the downward pressure on wages outsourcing places on our profession.

What would you say if management said there "is no way in hell we'll pay you more than a $100k". ?

You say to go hell too and stick to your line in the sand.

Wave, what you don't seem to understand is that you can't stick your line in the sand on scope. Scope is a permissive area of bargaining under the law. That means that management doesn't even have to discuss it if they don't want to, and labor is prohibited from striking over it. The NMB is prohibited, by law, from releasing a pilot group to strike over issues of scope. Pay is a much different story, and that's why you can draw your line in the sand over that (within reason). The only way to get gains in scope is to make it worth management's while. In this case, management said that they would be willing to discuss an overall reduction in DCI flying, but only if the pilots took pay raises less than what they were expecting, and agreed to a small increase in the number of outsourced 76-seaters. That's a fair trade, and it's probably the best the Delta pilots can hope for in scope improvements without giving up a bunch more money.

PCL- those are the gray, muddy waters delta mgmt - (ie all legacy mgmt) is so good at creating.

I believe those jets ought to be flown at mainline and it's worth fighting for. But then again, you're too young to have been furloughed with demand and ASMs increasing in your network bc your peers at the mainline union you used to pay dues at decided you weren't worth fighting for.

There are thousands of us at every legacy who have experienced just that. Did you never have any in your right seat at PCL??

How did usair east pull it off with the 190 even though their express carrier flew other variants for you and the exact type for another carrier. I'll give credit where it's due- usair alpa sacrificed, and got the aircraft on the property.

That should have been done in 2006 when -900's were first allowed in the delta network.

DO NOT COMPOUND THE MISTAKE

Source????

That would be huge leverage- why hasn't mgmt then used that cherry to outsource 737's??

DO NOT COMPOUND THE MISTAKE

This TA doesn't compound the mistake. It starts to correct the mistake by reducing the amount of outsourced airplanes and seats. And significantly so, in fact.

I see you're still doing ALPAs bidding - defending outsourcing bc your weak dick bosses fail to prioritize it - you still work at alpa, right?

Then tell me what the master plan is? Tell me when you'll take back flying if you aren't willing to do it now when you have EVERY economic leverage you could reasonably hope for. It doesn't get to be a better time for delta to start flying -900's.

You're an ALPA apologist- like I've always said, you want a career in alpa, not in flying.

Source????

That would be huge leverage- why hasn't mgmt then used that cherry to outsource 737's??

Not sure what you mean. The contract that they have is enforceable, which prohibits the outsourcing of 737s. Scope being a permissive area of bargaining doesn't mean that management can do whatever they want, it just means that they are under no obligation to negotiate over changes to the existing language, and the pilots can't strike over it.

Tell me when you'll take back flying if you aren't willing to do it now

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. This TA does take back flying. A reduction in the number of outsourced airplanes from 600+ to 450 is significant.

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. This TA does take back flying. A reduction in the number of outsourced airplanes from 600+ to 450 is significant.

Getting rid of 50 seaters that Delta wants to get rid of anyways. ALPA failed this one once again.

Getting rid of 50 seaters that Delta wants to get rid of anyways.

Wanting to get rid of them, and having the ability to get rid of them are two very different things. Right now, Delta has long-term contracts on those 50s with the lessors. In order to get out of them, the lessors want to Delta to swap them out for 76-seaters.

Latest resources

Back