• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm voting a very enthusiastic "NO" on this TA. Accepting a pay raise that barely tops the inflation rate, while allowing even more 76 seaters to fly under the Delta brand with non-Delta pilots, is unacceptable. It demonstrates how ALPA is out of touch with the membership. Yet, even before the spin machine comes to life in the form of road shows, we have Delta pilots defending mediocrity and the continuation of massive outsourcing.

I hope all the easily bought yes voters/leaning yes voters soon realize that sub-standard contracts will forever be in our future until one pilot group finally says "NO".

Stop defending mediocrity and vote NO!!!!!!

I'm voting a very enthusiastic "NO" on this TA. Accepting a pay raise that barely tops the inflation rate, while allowing even more 76 seaters to fly under the Delta brand with non-Delta pilots, is unacceptable. It demonstrates how ALPA is out of touch with the membership. Yet, even before the spin machine comes to life in the form of road shows, we have Delta pilots defending mediocrity and the continuation of massive outsourcing.

I hope all the easily bought yes voters/leaning yes voters soon realize that sub-standard contracts will forever be in our future until one pilot group finally says "NO".

Stop defending mediocrity and vote NO!!!!!!

There is very little leverage out there. A "guess" that DL may do something soon. Nobody else helping with pattern bargaining at all. A NMB that will not rescue us, not even close. This TA brings us up to SWA wages by the end of it's short 3 year duration, and caps scope with ratios that favor mainline going forward. You want to climb the ladder 3 steps at a time, which is risky. Again, the leverage you think we have isn't there because you don't know what future plans are, and our "peers" in the eye of the NMB haven't helped our cause at all. Tell me where the spin is? Is it the truth or not?

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL is right......

Ask yourselves what help we get when the Republicans speak the usual "It's the economy stupid!" this fall...

And any of you monkeys think a GOP president will support labor should move to Wisconsin to learn the great heartburn they have for skilled workers who can do things they can't....

Voting yes only because of that......

Cue the jealous jack hole Wave in 3.....2.......1.....mark!

Nice distraction General and Fam-
I will not drift toward whatever issues you might have with Swa - I'm speaking from the experience of 6 airlines, including a legacy.
You want to hate on Swa - start another thread and hate on them all day long.
As coach just said- we ALL ARE ACCOUNTABLE IN THIS BUSINESS.
And your distractions are not the issue at hand- do not pretend that the CURRENT DELTA TA WILL NOT HAVE RAMIFICATIONS FOR ALL OTHER CARRIERS- it is absolutely every pilots business what you do -and we're all curious if this generation of DALPA pilots will live up to its responsibilities as the most influential pilot union in the US.
Or do you just want all the pride of being DALPA with none of the responsibility?

What you do now gives every other airline permission to go a step further.

-900's were only allowed under bankruptcy- if you allow more -900's in exchange for 50's you can bet every other major will have leverage and a good argument to do the same-

Or, you can fly the new -900's yourself and apply your own leverage to get that done

It's no distraction you know exactly what I'm saying and you don't have an answer. But don't sweat it bro, myself and many AT pilots agree with you 100%. We hope the DAL pilots reject this thing and protect the profession as much as you do, believe me.

If you take emotion out of the equation, look at how our peers are doing in their negotiations, and take a deep breath, a "Yes" vote is the only way to go.

There is very little leverage out there.

In our discussion a few months back you seemed to indicate that your pilot group had all the leverage in the world. I disagreed, but it seems we're now somewhat reversed in that I now think you have more leverage than you realize.

Fam- I'm just not changing the subject on this thread
Airline #6-
But I hear you

If you take emotion out of the equation, look at how our peers are doing in their negotiations, and take a deep breath, a "Yes" vote is the only way to go.

It's a well crafted TA- of course- they've put you guys in a spot balancing wage increases that you've all earned and the industry needs with doubling down on more outsourced -900's that the industry will be hurt by if you validate that part of the BK contract.
It's your call- but I vehemently disagree with your vote as very short sighted.

It was a deep breath Yes vote in the 90's that started this- along with a position paper or three as well.

If you really get the downward pressure on wages outsourcing provides us all- there is NO way you can vote yes on this. I haven't responded to every bit of literature that has been provided - but Ive read it- taken many deep breaths and would still place a logical No vote if I had one.

The only emotion I feel is sincere disappointment that after all the promises that DALPA pilots actually got outsourcing and it's issues, that DALPA might actually pass this. Amazing.

Do you guys look at the nose of the airplane when you fly too- probably how you landed on a taxi way.

Think. Long term.

GL is right......

Ask yourselves what help we get when the Republicans speak the usual "It's the economy stupid!" this fall...

And any of you monkeys think a GOP president will support labor should move to Wisconsin to learn the great heartburn they have for skilled workers who can do things they can't....

Voting yes only because of that......

I don't agree with the yes vote. Bc Obama will get re-elected. Romney is the R's version of Kerry. A lame duck nominee. But write it down, take a picture- I agree with much of what you said- except for the chickensh/t way you plan on voting.

Latest resources

Back