• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This TA doesn't compound the mistake. It starts to correct the mistake by reducing the amount of outsourced airplanes and seats. And significantly so, in fact.

He's obviously got a reading comprehension. While this TA lags in lots of issues, the tightening of scope is real with REAL limitations set WRT block hour RATIOS that just weren't there before. But then again, he wouldn't be able to call us "sellouts," now would he.

Wanting to get rid of them, and having the ability to get rid of them are two very different things. Right now, Delta has long-term contracts on those 50s with the lessors. In order to get out of them, the lessors want to Delta to swap them out for 76-seaters.

Are the contracts that are the problems with the regional carriers or with the lease holders??

Bc it's my understanding that the lease holders are not always the regional partners and exchanging the -900's for -200's doesn't preclude Delta from flying them- delta just doesn't want to give up the wedge it has between the pilots it has flying their passengers around.

But let's say it is- work out the language and I'd be happy-

'as lease contracts expire those airplanes come to mainline'

I'm very tired of the excuses for why mainline CANNOT fly aircraft delta wants flown.

And do me a favor PCL-
Admit that you are in fact too young to have ever experienced you and your friends' job get outsourced while you were furloughed.
Just admit that and keep doing your best to defend all things ALPA.

Delta wants more profits and parking the 50 seaters will help in that matter. I think they would have parked them anyways (See Pinnacle Bankruptcy, the cause, and the probable result). Making a deal with the Pilots and dangling more big boy planes that were coming anyways while decreasing the amount of DCI lift (a scope win for pilots) but gaining some 76 seat DCI planes does two things. Preserves the lift for continued revenue at a small profit for market share those 5o seaters covered and gives whipsaw capabilities for Delta with its DCI partners to yet again increase profits. Give a little, take a little? Or is it give a lot and take a lot? It is up to the Delta pilots to decide. I as a regional pilot who does not want to stay a regional pilot would like to see scope tightened further. But this is a good starting point and somewhere in the middle of the United fight for no 76 seat lift and Americans up to 86 seat lift. It seems like a fair compromise to me but then again its not my decision.

The question I ask is what is the language in the new TA for acquisitions? There are so many possible avenues for Delta to buy other carriers it would be interesting to know how the TA addresses it. nationals carriers could be bought or even some regionals to fly bigger regionals?

I can't believe anybody finds anything good enough to vote yes on this TA. But I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion.

And do me a favor PCL-
Admit that you are in fact too young to have ever experienced you and your friends' job get outsourced while you were furloughed.

I have friends who are furloughed right now from UAL while their flying is outsourced. That doesn't change the reality of economics and bargaining. But you don't care about reality. You just care about rabid, blind ideology. Much like the right wingers that you usually attack.

Age 65 is why our friends at united are furloughed this time PCL- the outsourcing furloughs blamed on 9/11 occurred years before-

Yes, blind and rabid- I'm not- but while you like to compromise on this issue- I think it will take a carrier with leverage to stand up and get an RJ on the property and begin taking the flying back.

As we've seen from speed tape- the real reason it hasn't happened is bc DALPA pilots want that flying outsourced. He was clear on it- and I can only imagine that if this passes than that's still the sellout group that dominates at delta.

Have you answered yet PCL, why the -900 can't be a mainline airplane?

Or are you charged with defending online any strategy ALPA chooses?

Tell your bosses at ALPA their sellouts too.

Funny how you espoused a hard line stance against Southwest and SWAPA where your pilot group lost pay parity worth thousands to each AT pilot, yet you support compromise on scope at delta....??

Interesting-

Following you with your ALPA lapdog status doesn't usually appear to be in the average line holders best interest.

Note to the uninitiated. If PCL is for something - best to vote against-

Last edited:
Age 65 is why our friends at united are furloughed this time PCL- the outsourcing furloughs blamed on 9/11 occurred years before-

Yes, Age 65 is certainly a big part of the reason. Which is why I was adamantly opposed to Age 65. But you conveniently forget that, since it doesn't fit with your crazy narrative about me being an "ALPA lapdog." :rolleyes:

But the fact remains: UAL pilots are furloughed while thousands of pilot jobs are outsourced to United Express. I'm opposed to such outsourcing. But I approach it from a realistic standpoint of how to fix the outsourcing problem, rather than your militant, unrealistic approach.

As we've seen from speed tape- the real reason it hasn't happened is bc DALPA pilots want that flying outsourced.

Speet Tape isn't a Delta pilot. He works at ASA. I doubt he speaks for the Delta pilots on what they think about outsourcing.

Have you answered yet PCL, why the -900 can't be a mainline airplane?

It can. Eventually. But Delta can't be in a position right now of flying 70-seat RJs at mainline while all of their competitors are outsourcing that flying at a fraction of the cost in big numbers. It needs to be a multi-step process with all of the legacy MECs working together to take back the flying in increments. By doing it that way, none of their carriers are placed at a large competitive disadvantage, but the flying still comes back to mainline.

Funny how you espoused a hard line stance against Southwest and SWAPA where your pilot group lost pay parity worth thousands to each AT pilot, yet you support compromise on scope at delta....??

I supported plenty of compromise in our SLI. But you were so unreasonable in that situation (much like your unreasonableness in this one), that you didn't recognize compromise for what it was.

But you conveniently forget that, since it doesn't fit with your crazy narrative about me being an "ALPA lapdog." :rolleyes:

But the fact remains: UAL pilots are furloughed while thousands of pilot jobs are outsourced to United Express.

Hey Einstein - ALPA facilitated (in more ways then one) all the outsourcing. And BTW if the title of "alpa lapdog" was like homo you'd be Richard Simmons.

Ok let's not drift then- I'm certainly glad that speed tape is not delta- which not noticing is proof that this subject riles me up as you suggest-
That doesn't mean that Im wrong however-
In your incremental approach, of delta reaffirms its position on outsourcing -900's what position will that place United- who are fighting like hell to keep <50 seaters on the CAL side and <70 seaters on the UALside??
Delta is profitable, if they double down on 76 seat -900's what message does that send American who is asking for 80+ seats??

Your turn and a sincere apology to all for going crazy- this subject tends to get me

Latest resources

Back