Delta realignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATR-DRIVR said:
This is not going to be good....."connecting through ATL" . I guess they don't see the delays DAILY. That is going to send business flyers to another carrier who does not go through ATL.

I agree with you.

Just the beginning of the dismantling of CMR. DL needs to rebalance the ship of RJs, and CVG/CMR will be the starting point. This is a good faith move by mgt/BOD to protect their arz's from future lawsuits before filing. CVG will see a turnover from the 50 seater to Ejets with RJET doing most the flying unless a new scope is accepted by mainline.

Delta Air Lines Strengthens Domestic Hubs, Offers Customers More InternationalAdditionally, Delta will replace service in nine markets currently served non-stop from Cincinnati by Delta Connection carriers ASA and Comair with connecting service through the Atlanta hub.

This is not going to be good....."connecting through ATL" . I guess they don't see the delays DAILY. That is going to send business flyers to another carrier who does not go through ATL.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is the begining of the end for Delta. I think Delta just does not get it that travelors do not like being delayed everytime they fly on Delta through ATL. For some reason they think ATL is there savior but I think it will lead them into chapter 7 when nobody wants to fly on them because of the lousy service at the ATL hub.

finnjl said:
Delta Air Lines Strengthens Domestic Hubs, Offers Customers More InternationalAdditionally, Delta will replace service in nine markets currently served non-stop from Cincinnati by Delta Connection carriers ASA and Comair with connecting service through the Atlanta hub.

This is not going to be good....."connecting through ATL" . I guess they don't see the delays DAILY. That is going to send business flyers to another carrier who does not go through ATL.

I agree, this is the begining of the end for Delta. I think Delta just does not get it that travelors do not like being delayed everytime they fly on Delta through ATL. For some reason they think ATL is there savior but I think it will lead them into chapter 7 when nobody wants to fly on them because of the lousy service at the ATL hub.

Huh? Ok there chief. ATL has gotten 10 times better since last year. No joking here. In good weather, operation clockwork has made the taxi shorter and the hassle LESS. Now, our Summer here hasn't had the best of weather, for sure. So, we have had a lot of delays. But, overall ATL is a fair weather hub, especailly after Hurricane season and into the Spring. This last Spring was the best operationally I have ever seen in ATL---no more than 3 or 4 planes waiting to take off at one time. I was amazed. Throw in a huge thrunderstorm every day during the Summer, and yeah, any hub will take a hit. Airtran probably didn't like the storms either in ATL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

lowecur said:
Just the beginning of the dismantling of CMR. DL needs to rebalance the ship of RJs, and CVG/CMR will be the starting point. This is a good faith move by mgt/BOD to protect their arz's from future lawsuits before filing. CVG will see a turnover from the 50 seater to Ejets with RJET doing most the flying unless a new scope is accepted by mainline.

I have suspicioned for some time your tirades to be of someone influenced by a past encounter with over medication. Yet you persist. One can only assume you find it necessary to be controversial to make a point. Pulling things out of ones anus and displaying them in print as if it were a forgone conclusion being most prevelent.

Then I'm reminded of how much you admire the Boyd Group with its slash and burn theory and things begin to clear somewhat, all the while sipping lemonade under the wing of my parked RJ ,I await your retort!

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Not really anymore, but some airlines still have it---like COEX and CAL. IF the regionals keep getting larger aircraft, it will stop.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There is no flow thru form XJT to CAL. Unlike the past few years, growth at CAL no longer benefits the pilots of XJT. They are separate companies and the pilot mentalities will change accordingly. In addition their respective ALPA units have also split leading to far less communication and probably less cooperation in the future.

We had a chance to go in a different direction but those plans were quickly dispatched by those will little foresight and those whose loyalties were on display in the early 80's for anyone who cared to notice.

General Lee said:
In good weather, operation clockwork has made the taxi shorter and the hassle LESS.
Bye Bye--General Lee

After DL adds another 100-200 flights, even in good weather ATL will be a mess. I agree with others that DL is putting too much traffic through ATL. Now when weather does go bad in ATL, it will have a larger and larger impact on the DL system as most DL planes will be pushed through there.

spinproof said:
I have suspicioned for some time your tirades to be of someone influenced by a past encounter with over medication. Yet you persist. One can only assume you find it necessary to be controversial to make a point. Pulling things out of ones anus and displaying them in print as if it were a forgone conclusion being most prevelent.

Then I'm reminded of how much you admire the Boyd Group with its slash and burn theory and things begin to clear somewhat(actually I don't read them unless someone has posted), all the while sipping lemonade under the wing of my parked RJ ,I await your retort!
Not really, I'm just looking for debate. If you have reason to believe that CMR is a necessary part of DL's realignment, then lets hear it. They have been a thorn in mgts side since their purchase, thus the sale of ASA and not CMR. DL will cut their exposure to the 50 seater between 33 - 60% in the next 5 years and CMR will bear the brunt of the cost. If DL continues to maintain their present levels of 50 seaters, they will end up on the junk heap after emerging from 11.

I for one believe that the major legacys have refocused their efforts overseas for one reason........they will continue to lose money domestically until they redevelop their fleets........which includes dispensing with most of the 50 seaters and buying Ejets. Once that happens, they will then again be able to compete in the small to midsized market that Jetblue will dominate in the next 5 years.:)

General Lee said:
Huh? Ok there chief. ATL has gotten 10 times better since last year. No joking here. In good weather, operation clockwork has made the taxi shorter and the hassle LESS. Now, our Summer here hasn't had the best of weather, for sure. So, we have had a lot of delays. But, overall ATL is a fair weather hub, especailly after Hurricane season and into the Spring. This last Spring was the best operationally I have ever seen in ATL---no more than 3 or 4 planes waiting to take off at one time. I was amazed. Throw in a huge thrunderstorm every day during the Summer, and yeah, any hub will take a hit. Airtran probably didn't like the storms either in ATL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe you are right but I find it hard to believe that ATL has improved that much. I used to fly into there and it was bad but maybe Delta made some improvements. I will give you the benefit of the doubt but not too long ago even with good weather there was usually a money line. I know you can not argue about the terrible customer service. Well, to be honest I only know about Concourse C&D but they were pretty bad. ATL always uses the excuse the weather is bad but they have hour to two hour delays when it is severe clear. I just do not see how Delta can pack more flights into that airport and keep customers happy. That is all I am saying.

Latest resources

Back