• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
Pressure environment v. oppressive environment

skydesk said:
Oppressive environment, as aforementioned by the Denver Broncos guy, you mean pressure environment don't you? Your past experience is not what it is today. People are instructing for 10 months and then flying a . . . . CRJ, it's crazy good.
I mean exactly what I wrote. Oppression. Being treated disrespectfully and inconsiderately. Unfair treatment. As if you are being rubbed against a carborundum stone. For example, the stories about the Comair instructor candidates who lose out on "the interview," and, perhaps, Comair's "promise" of an airline job after but one standardization activity. My experience, after traveling two-thousand miles for a job interview and spending but less than a morning at the place, and not even being given the courtesy of a rejection letter or phone call.

That's what I mean by an oppressive environment.
The truth is that 141 programs are very different. The large, multi-million dollar schools have to worry about tighter FSDO standards, college accreditation, stricter ground schools and stringent 141 requirements.
Considering that I have three times in instructing time alone that you have in total time, with most of it in three separate 141 programs, including a university, an airline/college and a major commercial flight school, and as a stage check/pre-stage check pilot in two of the programs, I probably know more about 141 programs than you do.

All 141 schools, multi-million dollar or not, are under the supervision of FSDO. FSDO must approve a school's TCO and assign a principal operations inspector to each school. Therefore, be it an FBO with 141 training or Comair, 141 schools must meet the same standards. Places with self-examining authority will be under tight scrutiny. College accreditation is another matter.

The truth, again, is 141 programs have specific course outlines with specific numbers of lessons in each. Instructors push in 141 programs and if students are not prepared they will fall behind.

Last edited:
bobbysamd said:
The truth, again, is 141 programs have specific course outlines with specific numbers of lessons in each. Instructors push in 141 programs and if students are not prepared they will fall behind.
Thats the way it should be.

Traveler's Guide to DCA Standz

Standz Interview Insights and a little Monte Cristo:

1. The Standardization process is two weeks long, you meet all the folks at the Academy, president, VP, etc. and take four written tests, which people rarely have problems with, however Bronco failed it's flight and it had to go home. That was the old-school way. It didn't get a letter telling it any answer which is very abnormal, and realistically a foul-up, you get one these days.
2. You're Standz flight takes place the weekend before class now and if you mess up you DO NOT fail! You get three chances. If you still fail you may Standz again the very next weekend. Do people not make it through? Yes. But most choose to leave because they cannot cope with the change in lifestyle, the hard work or the flight hours. One must have a good attitude and you will have positive focus. Help is everywhere at this place, you just have to ask for it.
3. Everything about the interview and Standz course is intended to be 'Airline identical', in that they don't tell you how you did on the written tests in Standz, like the airlines, but people know exactly how their flights went and that's a real stress reliever.
4. Now Boisterous Bronco - I thought hard about what you said and I apologize to those who must read your callous engagements. (To be fair it is Bronco, neither he nor she) Sadly it didn't get hired by what was then 'Comair', but it sure wanted to, I'm sure it is a good pilot, especially with so many hours, but that doesn't make it's stories quite up-to-date or it's knowledge of 141 regulations better than who it thinks its' talking to. Presumption kills partner, as does old, second-hand information and DA's in AGL. The distance you traveled to your interview matters not. 'Promises' are incorrect. And sadly, in your case, experience dosen't make you a chicken, although the feathers are a nice touch.
You argue to hear yourself and that is tragic as people here seem to be trying to find their way. Right now, I hear you typing away waiting to trounce those you mean to plunder.
Oppression is what your parents did to you by keeping you down in the basement for so many years, oppression is what is happening in Sudan, oppression is what happened and is happening to women and blacks (is this you) for so many centuries and is still happening today, oppression is what glass ceilings are all about, but it is not what is happening here now or what I argue happened to you on your trip to this place many years ago, depite what you say. If oppression to you is being rejected by 'Comair' or not getting a rejection letter (if you like I can write one for you) or a sales person being mean to you: get a dictionary and some scruples; seriously, that word for your meaning? You have semantic blockage. Your quote:
"Considering that I have three times in instructing time alone that you have in total time, with most of it in three separate 141 programs, including a university, an airline and a major commercial flight school, and as a stage check/pre-stage check pilot in two of the programs, I probably know more about 141 programs than you do."
I have a 10 year-old friend who speaks a foreign language and the aforementioned is called koshar sher. It means: I can't wait to get home to my warm plate of s**t. Or I prefer: I have nothing better to do than give you my resume in hopes that someone will listen to me or: I can see your Schwartz is as big as mine. Listen.......................,.......................Stick with tax law you are far too bitter to be flying for a living Botacious Bronco.

Standz Interview Insights
and a little Monte Cristo:
1. The Standardization process is two weeks long, you meet all the folks at the Academy, president, VP, etc. and take four written tests, which people rarely have problems with, however Bronco failed it's flight and it had to go home. That was the old-school way. It didn't get a letter telling it any answer which is very abnormal, and realistically a foul-up, you get one these days.
2. You're Standz flight takes place the weekend before class now and if you mess up you DO NOT fail! You get three chances. If you still fail you may Standz again the very next weekend. Do people not make it through? Yes. But most choose to leave because they cannot cope with the change in lifestyle, the hard work or the flight hours. One must have a good attitude and you will have positive focus. Help is everywhere at this place, you just have to ask for it.
3. Everything about the interview and Standz course is intended to be 'Airline identical', in that they don't tell you how you did on the written tests in Standz, like the airlines, but people know exactly how their flights went and that's a real stress reliever.
4. Now Boisterous Bronco - I thought hard about what you said and I apologize to those who must read your callous engagements. (To be fair it is Bronco, neither he nor she) Sadly it didn't get hired by what was then 'Comair', but it sure wanted to, I'm sure it is a good pilot, especially with so many hours, but that doesn't make it's stories quite up-to-date or it's knowledge of 141 regulations better than who it thinks its' talking to. Presumption kills partner, as does old, second-hand information and DA's in AGL. The distance you traveled to your interview matters not. 'Promises' are incorrect. And sadly, in your case, experience dosen't make you a chicken, although the feathers are a nice touch.
You argue to hear yourself and that is tragic as people here seem to be trying to find their way. Right now, I hear you typing away waiting to trounce those you mean to plunder.
Oppression is what your parents did to you by keeping you down in the basement for so many years, oppression is what is happening in Sudan, oppression is what happened and is happening to women and blacks (is this you) for so many centuries and is still happening today, oppression is what glass ceilings are all about, but it is not what is happening here now or what I argue happened to you on your trip to this place many years ago, depite what you say. If oppression to you is being rejected by 'Comair' or not getting a rejection letter (if you like I can write one for you) or a sales person being mean to you: get a dictionary and some scruples; seriously, that word for your meaning? You have semantic blockage. Your quote:
"Considering that I have three times in instructing time alone that you have in total time, with most of it in three separate 141 programs, including a university, an airline and a major commercial flight school, and as a stage check/pre-stage check pilot in two of the programs, I probably know more about 141 programs than you do."
I have a 10 year-old friend who speaks a foreign language and the aforementioned is called koshar sher. It means: I can't wait to get home to my warm plate of s**t. Or I prefer: I have nothing better to do than give you my resume in hopes that someone will listen to me or: I can see your Schwartz is as big as mine.Listen.......................,.................... ...Stick with tax law you are far too bitter to be flying for a living Botacious Bronco.
These comments speak for themselves and reveal everything about their writer. Except for the fact that I do not practice tax law, I have no further response to this poster.

I stand by all of my representations on this topic.

Last edited:
Botacious Bronco,
AKA BoobySamd
Bitter and angry is an understatement, I was wondering,
Booby is very much against the evils of PFT, yet he was interviewing for a PFT outfit in the early 90's.

jppt2000 said:
Botacious Bronco,
AKA BoobySamd
Booby is very much against the evils of PFT, yet he was interviewing for a PFT outfit in the early 90's.

I never thought I'd be defending DCA after they flushed me down the toilet but I will say in their defense THEY ARE NOT PFT! They are more than happy to take an extremely large chunk of money from the ill-informed they rope in with the promise of an interview. However, they do provide excellent training NOT focused towards a particular operation/airline and you don't automatically land yourself in a right seat turbine job like Gulfstream or TAB.

jppt2000 and skydesk, how about showing some respect for others' opinions. I find it amazing that if someone posts an opinion not to your liking you resort to a 13 year old's maturity level and start name-calling. Are you guys DCA instructors? Real grade-school guys. If you read some more of his postings, you'll find Bobbysamd's info to be dead-nuts on target.

jppt2000 said:
Botacious Bronco,
AKA BoobySamd
Answering this individual is not worth the time and bandwidth. Review of this thread will show that this person has at least a two-year record on this board of reveling in others' hard luck and fleeing when confronted.

Review of the facts will show that in 1991, when I interviewed at CAA, it was just a 141 program that offered Comair Airlines interviews and had no P-F-T program. CAA established its P-F-T program in 1992-'93 and eventually abolished that program.

By the way, the word is spelled "bodacious."

Last edited:
DCA is doing PFT now?
jppt2000 said:
Botacious Bronco,
AKA BoobySamd

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back