• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
Just go to Sheble's aviation and save all your money to get the same training and ratings!!!!!

I don't know what she was driving when you were there maybe she toned down, but that AMG Mercedes she had when I was there was easy over 100K. In case anyone was interested where the money goes it goes into the pockets of the admissions guys (ie salesman), clever marketing, and the guys with the offices.

I'm going to get on a soap box and vent again:
Blowing my money there pisses me off to this day; 4 years later flying and for the USAF, I still send a $500 a month payment to Key Bank. I don't know what they do now but I was straight lied to about the costs and time involved. I was shown an average cost chart which was completely flawed. Once I got it figured out through pulling teeth with my instructors how much the real average cost is, I got out. It cost me about 46K through single commercial. Flying garbage planes that I would be scared to fly these days.
This had nothing to do with lack of skills and most anyone one who has flown with me military and civilian can honestly say that I am a good stick. Although that was what DCA told me when I inquired as to why my fees were way high. The only guys who came close to the average costs and this was very few people. Were those who were #1 good pilots and #2 had instructors who made sure to cut corners so they didn't get raped by the costs. I had this during my instrument phase and mad it under average costs but got raped during private and comm. After not flying a plane for 8 months a was able to get my Multi comm in 7 hours including the FAA ride. So my skills were not the issue in my opinion.
Off soap box back to trying to forget that POS place.

In case anyone is still up for suing this place I'm still for it but I will not be the one organizing. I don't have the time or the legal connections.

Agreed. I got raped in private and commercial there as well. I eventually ran out of money and had to stop after commercial. They also refused to help me find financial help elsewhere. I too will being flying for USAF. I'll take my C-5A Galaxy over their piece of ******************** planes anyday.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that sentence of your post......

You're right, bad choice of words. Instead of request, I should have said 'prefer'. And even though anyone is going to be behind a new aircraft, the school's graduates have been trained in the procedures which does help over a perosn who hasn't. Even when I came to the shool as an instructor, I had no concept of flows etc.

Thanks for the reply.

They do flows and checklists from day one.

I attended Comair Academy. They have the flow and checklist market cornered. Something they are even better at is seperating a student from their money.
The thing to remember is this; there are only two kinds of people in Florida, crooks and victims. I'm glad to be out of there. Save your money and go to an FBO.

I work with a CFI who went through DCA and needless to say he got raped big time. I think he's in for over $60,000 for everything up through his CFI. I did all mine for under $30,000, through a good ol fashioned community college program at the local airport. Now I chose to go through that type of program because at the time I didnt have money lying around to pay for just the flight school, so I had to enroll and take some basic classes. But still, I did it for less the half of what my friend got taken for and got another degree out of it in the process. Steer clear.

Latest resources

Back