• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
Pay

You not going to get rich but if you work hard the money is real good. Plus it beats 15,000 a year sitting in the right seat. Just remember there is a ton of low IFR around here. just in the last 2 days I've done 20 approaches to mins that includes 20 landings

To me it sounds like a few things are going on in this thread.

Trying to rationalize their mistake(s) in stands class

Dragging their feet in making a decision what to do. Don't drag them too long or you will miss the boat

Acting like their God's gift to aviation, an attitude the airlines H.R. department will see in an interview.

And forgetting that they too were wet behind the ear's and maybe someone helped them out along the way. They were just too arrogant to remember.

Greetings all...

I am currently a student at DCA. If anyone has some questions I am more than happy to tell you what you wont get on a tour..:p

I am 20 almost 21. They say it is around 60 average per person. I will prob spend around 70. I got my funding from Key Lone. www.key.com Most of the students that don't have the funding themselves, use key.

Last edited:
Who told you it was 60K because when I signed up (June 03) my contract said 46k and like you said it really is about 70k and can be easily more.
Where are you in your training right now? ANd how much have you spent so far? I finished Commercial with 180hrs in the program from 0 time and spent 43K. Then decided to stop because of the outragues price I wish I hadn't enrolled in the first place.

I was quoted 60K. I just finished PPC. Not sure about the price I have spent yet. I need my last statement.

Jansen said:
I was quoted 60K. I just finished PPC. Not sure about the price I have spent yet. I need my last statement.
Dang...and I got pizzled off spending 21k for Instrument though CFII

I have no opinion on DCA. I didn't go there, and I don't know anyone who did. However, I would like to make it known that my flight training and college was considerably less than most seem to spend. I do have loans, but they are all federal and the total amount is less than $20k, and that includes a BS degree and Private through CFII. I went to a ("pretty-boy") state school, and actually most of my training was Part 61. Just letting you all know that there are other options. At the moment, I am instructing at a different college--private, expensive, and part 141--than the one that I graduated from (and having an absolute blast, mind you.) We have had our high-time instructors going to some fractionals and regional airlines. I don't have a guaranteed interview to any airline. Don't need one--I can get an interview myself.

Oh, and I suspect that most of Four02's sim failures are due to inadequate instrument flying skills. Not that the ride itself isn't a good challenge, but it probably does not contain anything unreasonable (correct me if I'm wrong here, Four02...) Probably the same situation for the DCA guys. Some folks can't get out of the "Top Gun" mentality--they don't realize that flying airplanes involves work, challenges, setbacks, and patience.

-Goose

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back